Large Scale Central

All you ever wanted to know about Aristo Heavyweights

Thank you for LSC !

David Maynard said:

Be Nice.

You’ve been invited into my living room to talk trains. Whether you’ve come to ask questions, or to generously share what you know or what you’ve done, remember that we’re all here to learn, and have fun, together. Be welcoming and patient, especially with those who may not know everything you do. Oh, and bring your sense of humor. Just in case.

That basically covers it. But these guidelines may help:

1. Rudeness and belittling language are not okay. Your tone should match the way you’d talk in person with someone you respect and whom you want to respect you. If you don’t have time to say something politely, just leave it for someone who does.

2. Be welcoming, be patient, and assume good intentions. Don’t expect new users to know all the rules - they don’t. And be patient while they learn. If you’re here for help, make it as easy as possible for others to help you. Everyone here is volunteering, and no one responds well to demands for help.

3. Avoid off-topic, and filler posts. Stay on topic within the thread, and contribute to it. Don’t post just to increase your post count…

4. Don’t be a jerk. These are just a few examples. If you see them, report them:

• Name-calling. Focus on the post, not the person. That includes terms that feel personal even when they’re applied to posts (like “lazy”, “ignorant”, or “whiny”).

• Bigotry of any kind. Language likely to offend or alienate individuals or groups based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. will not be tolerated. At all. (Those are just a few examples; when in doubt, just don’t.)

• Inappropriate language or attention. Avoid vulgar terms and anything sexually suggestive.

• Harassment and bullying. If you see a hostile interaction, report it. If it keeps up, disengage - we’ll handle it. If something needs our attention, you can use the contact us link at the bottom of every page.

1. Use the Report feature. The forums have a method to report offensive, annoying, or any other inappropriate content. This is the easiest way to let me know something is up. Don’t respond to anything you don’t like, EVEN IF IT IS DIRECTED AT YOU. If you do, you become part of the problem. Report it instead. If I get a number of reports about the same content, I will take action, most likely suspending the offending account.

In summary, have fun, and be good to each other.

This post was edited by Bob McCown at May 18, 2017 3:20 PM EDT

Well, all those rules are out the window apparently. And I have been told by Bob at various times he does not wish to be bothered with the report feature. If it was effective I would use it.

I WANT Bob to come and read the thread and see the “red areas” above. Unfortunately the typical reaction is just to lock the thread and not stop the “red areas”, so that is my theory why this just continues.

Funny how a site that is supposedly the best site for large

scale has so much fighting and lack of respect. No wonder people on Facebook when they mention this site say they stay away because of the bickering and snarky comments. I know some people

do not do Facebook , but seem like to me there is a better more kinder Sharing of thoughts ideas and help

with problems.

so much fighting and lack of respect.

Yea, and usually the names of those involved are the same ones over and over again.

Look guys. Aren’t we all in the same hobby? Aren’t we all supposed to be here for similar reasons? Reasons such as to learn from others, to share with/help others. To have some kind of camaraderie with others with similar interests. If so, then why do the same folks keep antagonizing the same folks, page after page, thread after thread? That isn’t the kind of “entertainment” that most of us want nor need.

Maybe I am showing my age, or my old fashioned upbringing, but I was raised to try and treat other people the way I want to be treated. No, I don’t always succeed in that. I never claimed to be perfect. But maybe if we all tried a bit harder to treat others the way we would like to be treated, maybe we could avoid a lot of the bovine excrement that many of us are getting tired of. Maybe.

Bob has a 9-5 job. Bob started this site as a favor for us. He doesn’t make a dime running this site. He also doesn’t need to be baby sitting a bunch of grown ups. Whining and crying to Bob every time someone “hurts” your feelings isn’t going to help your cause. He doesn’t need the aggravation. He’s kicked people off the site before and he won’t hesitate to do it again if he has too. He keeps his eye on what goes on and knows who the perpetrators are, so here’s a little advice. Grow up, act your age and handle your problems like adults. I mean, do you really have to be told that!!

I for one, happen to like this site. I’ve learned a lot and I think I’ve made a few friends. I’d really hate to see this site disappear because of a few trouble makers. He runs this site for fun. If it ceases to be fun, well, he’s made it known what will happen numerous times. And if you don’t like the way he runs this site, feel free to start your own. “Locking a thread” is his way of issuing a warning. His patience will only go so far.

Well said Ken! Hope they read this from a well respected person here and act accordingly

I hope so too, Pete. Unfortunately, you always have one or two that like to play the “victim” and point fingers at everybody else. Bob knows who they are.

Edit…Not Worth It

OK; hopefully all that stupidity is over with. Now can we get back to the subject at hand; "EVERYTHING WE COULD EVER WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ARISTOCRAFT HEAVY WEIGHT PASSENGER CARS…

I for one, would like to learn all I can about them, to add to what I already may have learned in the past.

Please, PLEASE, stay on topic, and share all the secrets, you might have with the few of us who are truly interested, here on Large Scale Central.

Possibly someone could open a new thread, and start over, with the hope that “Barnyard politics” can be kept out of it, PLEASE.

Fred Mills. said:

OK; hopefully all that stupidity is over with. Now can we get back to the subject at hand; "EVERYTHING WE COULD EVER WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ARISTOCRAFT HEAVY WEIGHT PASSENGER CARS…

I for one, would like to learn all I can about them, to add to what I already may have learned in the past.

Please, PLEASE, stay on topic, and share all the secrets, you might have with the few of us who are truly interested, here on Large Scale Central.

Possibly someone could open a new thread, and start over, with the hope that “Barnyard politics” can be kept out of it, PLEASE.

Crimeny.

Fred Mills. said:

No need Fred as all the answers are found here

https://elmassian.com/

Fred, who is someone? i started the thread with 10 pages of info to share, and all I got was crap.

notice the post above

Those pages are now private and restricted to people who want to read it.

All rooster and john are doing is to further convince me that it’s not worth the abuse to share here.

Ten posts later, second request:

" Gentlemen,

Everything that can be said, I believe, and more, has been said.

May I respectfully suggest that we end this conversation now, on our own, without Bob’s intervention, and let the thread drift downward and eventually off the first page?

Thanks. "

And that accomplishes what?

Sweep the issue under the rug and wait until the next series of personal attacks?

Continue to allow people to treat others this way?

It needs Bob’s attention, if nothing else for him to say “hey, you guys keep doing this and you will be removed”… EVENTUALLY the bad actors will go then… The people just posting to take a pot shot, or find fault or bump their post count.

Edit…Not Worth It

and then they wonder why a thread gets locked…sheesh.

Greg- thanks for turning your site back on, really helped me with a Kadee

project.

ken - well said.

You are welcome todd, at least one positive thing has come about… what are you working on?

I do know this much.

Like Greg, reporting issues that are starting to glow but not yet flames gets…nothing Or, if you’re lucky, FOUR DAYS later after it becomes a conflagration, you get a “play nice” response. I deleted the direct e-mail years ago. Along with the phone numbers.

If I was to visit someones front room, and have that front room invaded by immature childishness and kids trying to pick a fight, I’d get up and leave.

So, until someone calls me or e-mails me to see something important or interesting here…signing off.

TOC