Large Scale Central

USAT Heavyweights

I’d leave the Aristo on your E8’s if that is what you have standardized on, then put an Aristo on the first USAT passenger car and leave the rest of the passenger cars alone.

I’ve standardized on Kadees, so all my locos have Kadees, but the USAT passengers (both streamliners and heavyweights) will have a Kadee on the first car.

Greg

Who’s Fred? Fred Mills, the railroader from Ottawa Canada who posts here sometimes?

I was wondering who that was too? The only Fred I know/knew of any import was Fred Devine of Accucraft… may he rest in peace.

Greg

Not me. I can’t afford to “Play” in this rich man’s collecting part of the hobby…

Fred Mills

No collectors here… and “rich”? I work for a living, and work hard, so I get paid.

Fred Tennyson from Dublin, OH… He paints cars and locomotives at a reasonable price, not what the market will bear. He painted the George Bush locomotives for USA.

Greg, that is what I had planned on doing. Just changing out one coupler on the baggage car. but how do I mount the A/C coupler to the baggage car. I looked at your website on maybe some guide on doing it but I did not see anything. If I took the USA coupler off, I would have to build something to mount the A/C coupler.

Would love to see some pics or even better videos of these running on your layout .

Here are some videos of others’ USA Trains Heavyweights hosted on Greg E. Youtube site with the last two done by me (Ted Doskaris) best seen on Youtube for the “Show More” comments

First run of USAT heavyweights at Dave S’s house - train with 10 USA Trains Heavyweights pulled by “Big Boy” steam loco.

USAT Heavyweights - Night shot - of Dave S. train apparently with 7 cars lit.

USA Trains Heavyweights Run In Train - having mixed car types equipped with Kadee centerset couplers fitted in various coupler boxes

USAT heavyweight 3D printed coupler box - fitted with Kadee centerset couplers in 3-D printed coupler boxes stopped on layout to show couplers

-Ted

Thanks Ted,
They look like they blend in quite nicely with the Aristo stuff.