Large Scale Central

Modern Pulpwood Flatcar

Looks great … I’m surprised that you did not go with a Burl coupler…

Nice work, Mike.

I got car the first car finally done today and here’s a couple of pictures of it sitting on the siding in Todusville Illinois. I was going to do a load on it but decided against it cuz of weight issues. I made 19 tree trunks with foam core and textured with air dry clay . Those 19 trees didn’t even fill one of the 3 log bunkers and I used almost 2.5 pounds of clay . I mulled using a foam core and putting logs around it but it still would add 5 to 7 pounds to the car , way to heavy . The car i heavy on its own . Anyway I still have another car to paint so that will keep me busy for awhile.

VERY Impressive Mike! Any idea what the car weighed before filling the center sill?

Hi Dan , before I added the weight to the center sill i’m guessing it weighted less than a pound . After the trucks and lead it weighs in at 3 pounds 11 and 1/4 ounces.

Here’s another picture .

These are the 17 trees I made ,not 19.

Mike,

That second photo you posted almost passes for 1:1. Well done sir!!!

Thanks Eric !

Beautiful work Mike.

Excellent as always !

Really fine work. Logs look great, hope you find a way to work around the weight issue

Ditto what they all said… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Thanks guys !

amazing model

expertly weathered

beautifully photographed

Fine looking car, Mike. Weathering is top notch. Thanks for sharing.