Large Scale Central

Miks Challenge 2015 Vic Smith

This is going to be great. Nice progress s far.

I am being told to slow down and have some tea…,otherwise this will be done by MLK day. Besides the number of available useful bits has dwindled and a round of box diving in the garage may be necessary. I put a primer coat of paint on as the acrylic I hoped to use didn’t didn’t stick the way I hoped.

(https://d24ikcipz5y28l.cloudfront.net/images/misc/forums/yorkshire-tea.jpg)

OOPS! Took the vehicle out to the pizza for a test run and …well …it crashed, or more accurately it JAMBED.

It’s just a tad too long …Xacto where art thou.

Holy crap! You’re moving right along. Looks great so far… I need to get started…

T

Cut the nose back an inch, that should do it. Think I’m going to need 3 or 4 coats of paint guess I’ll get that’d done next. I have to paint the underside before continuing. Trouble is the Liquitex acrylic I was planning to use doesn’t work, so that means switching to Tamiya, which may necessitate a trip was the LHS as myself current supply of one bottle is low.

HUZZAH! it works on the pizza!

well…sort of…in one direction, the other? not as such…

But it wouldnt be the first consist on the roster to have a one directional mind on the pizza layout.

In other news I found enough red paint to not require buying extra, adding the tail-fins tonight, which will need primer and painting as well, been turning out all sorts of bits and pieces to add, paint and details remain but cricky…I think all the major construction is done, time for a rest lads:

pics tonight…I hope.

And on the 7th day … ya gonna take tomorrow off?

Vic , where did ya get Wallace and Gromit animated figures… Pretty cool…

John Caughey said:

And on the 7th day … ya gonna take tomorrow off?

Nah I figure I can trawl for some detail parts, plus I still have paint and then need to try and find some decals or something

Travis, I got W&G way back when “The Wrong Trousers” came out, most of the time they ride the rear platform of one of the passenger cars. Kids use to instantly recognize them, not so much these last couple shows.

Pics!

primer paint:

Tale-piece mounted

After the test run disaster, an emergency nosecone-ectomy to trim an inch was performed, Wallace is pleased but Gromit thinks its lovely proportions have been marred, oh well lad have some tea.

Bits going on, these came off the donor so it seams proper to put them right back on:

PAINT! Took 3 tries, once the primer was down I tried Liquitex acrylic again, nope, transparent…badly, next Tamaya red, that was flat and while it covered the whole body looked horrible, I found an bottle of Testors red, that went over the Tamaya great! so here is the

Red Comet

I hope Char Aznoble doesn’t mind me pinching his name… I think Wallace likes it!!!

Still lots of detail work to consider, the cockpits are bare, and the atomic powerplant needs detailing, I think Gromit is concerned about that, oh well, to quote Jeremy Clarkson "How Hard Can It Be?"

Nice. Very imaginative.

I like the Storm Trooper mug/pencil holder/brush holder…:wink:

My Crack Science Ninja team keeps bugging me “This competitions finished when? We want to take this out for a spin now!”

I keep telling them its another 2 whole weeks and to go double check the atomic reactor thruster output so they dont accidentally go airborne like one the competition did.

Cockpits are finished, our intrepid team inspects them:

Co-Pilot Gromit is a little concerned over the lack of ejector seats, but is a bit more concerned at being about a foot away from the main power core:

Beautiful. Like the red color. Very nicely done.

Tom

Moose says he is ready to drag race! Think it may be a tortoise and the hare thing. He said that red contraption will be in the hare’s rear view! Now I know moose is just blowing smoke!

That is really cool! Wow!

Be afraid, very afraid!

Holy crap… you ain’t no amateur at this

All the other issues aside, I added the final warning decals and a clear coat, its finished! Time for track testing, so I order the lads to go over it based on their finest quality control standards, they pulled this out of the desk:

Who knew?

Vic your an over achiever. I am nowhere near paint and decals.