Large Scale Central

Finishing some more projects.

Once quoted from a wise man… “the devil is in the details” …you should have had this done yesterday.

A 4x4 and few hours on the belt sander then call it done!

Love the angles !

Bob McCown said:

This post has been edited by: ROOSTER (page 2)

The cab of these things is pretty simple, and identical end-to-end. A couple padded seats, and a center console.

Cool project. The loader looks fantastic too!

LMFAO !!!

That’s awesome !

Will it be finished for Train Ops 2020 which should be hosted by Bar Bar Wal Wal?

Oh …will it carry a camera into the cocksafloppin mine ?

Bob;

Your battery powered mining locomotive is coming along nicely. Mining railroad equipment is fascinating. I remember watching a YouTube video that showed a mine railroad in Rumania. The “engineer” ran his little electric locomotive by holding a rod (with the electrical cable welded to it) to the catenary. His only insulation was a heavy leather glove. He was also smoking a cigarette at the same time. If the OSHA guy ever saw that here, he would probably have to go home to change his pants.

One mine locomotive type that always held my interest were the compressed air locomotives. Essentially they had a steam locomotive power train, but used compressed to propel the cylinders. I wish someone had produced a kit for one of those locomotives in large scale. Looks like I may have to built one from scratch someday using battery power.

Best, David Meashey

Looking good!

Bob,

Whats that little motor block you are using?

Devon Sinsley said:

Bob,

Devin Looks like a Aristo motor block from a Fa unit or four axle loco. The wheels looks like they were modified with some milling… Looks really cool Bob!!

Soooooooooo, whose the unlucky person that has to drive that down into the mine?

Travis Dague said:

Devon Sinsley said:

Bob,

Devin Looks like a Aristo motor block from a Fa unit or four axle loco. The wheels looks like they were modified with some milling… Looks really cool Bob!!

Yea, I THINK they’re Aristo blocks. I got them so long ago I dont remember. The wheels are some steel 7/8ths wheels, again, from a long-forgotten source.

Ken Brunt said:

Soooooooooo, whose the unlucky person that has to drive that down into the mine?

Hm, I don’t think we have any miners since CJ and Piute are gone… Hrm…

Ken Brunt said:

Ready to come out of retirement ?

Rooster ’ said:

Ken Brunt said:

Nope!

Rock paper scissors? Or, whoever draws the short straw?

Ken Brunt said:

Rooster ’ said:

Ken Brunt said:

Nope!

Here, hold this shovel for a minute… (runs off)

OK, your minute’s up…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Trying to get a feeling for the layout of the battery box and supports.

Cool project, Bob. Love the ore bin - kind of reminds me of the Commodore mine ore bin near Creede, Colorado:

Cheers,

Matt

Have the basic box of the battery box and support beams built. On the prototype this box is removable, so it has lifting eyes attached to it. Those are on the 3d printer right now, as are the bits that will disguise the pivot and wires on each end. The box lid itself is removable and will house the battery, sound and control system.