Large Scale Central

Drag & Brag NELSTS 2024 Projects

I’ve been working on something I intend to show at the DNB. Who else is bringing something this year?

2 Likes

I’m planning on bringing something but I’m not sure what yet.

Maybe something that rhymes with Shmutro Shmeumo Shmoco?
:crazy_face:

1 Like

I thought for a second Dan it was styrene but then I saw the purple glue and knew it was PVC!

Much of it is Styrene but I do like the cement for PVC to PVC bonds. These pieces are 5mm PVC

1-3mm sheet styrene parts.

That’s about all I’ve done this year. It’s mounted on a scratch built flat that isn’t new, but it’s original!

1 Like

I am planing on bringing my D&RGW #315 and RGS stock car that took home prizes from The NNGC last year. possibly a couple of new log cars that i am currently waiting on the metal bits for. the Barnhart Log loader we are just starting to gather the bits for construction. these will be available from Iron Creek Shops at some point. the log cars will be available in 1:20 std gauge and Narrow gauge and can accommodate a number of different coupler arraingments

Al P.

4 Likes

That’s going to be spectacular, Al.

Got them painted. Now I need to get the loads secured.

0303241053a_HDR

1 Like

Excellent work, as always! Looking forward to seeing them up close & personal!

Those cars look so good. I wondered what is carried in the containers so I looked up 1402 and it is for Calcium Carbide, which is a hazard if it gets wet. It is used to make steel. Neat.

Thanks Todd! Most common use is making acetylene gas. Check out previous discussion here:

Good stuff Dan. It must have been fun and loud with that Big Bang cannon and at the beach. The video of those guys setting some off was crazy loud.

Maybe you need some of Randy Mower’s bulk containers

https://www.printables.com/model/495442-g-scale-bulk-container-for-gondola

30 Bins loaded and chained down. This one is ready for NELSTS!
I’ve shared the files for the bins and racks on Printables if anyone is interested.
https://www.printables.com/model/525810-calcium-carbide-bins-flatcar-load-for-your-garden

5 Likes

Dan,

Astounding work. You keep pushing the bar, for sure. It was so fun seeing not only you and your cars in person last year, but also your cars running on layouts in the hall.

However, for the sake of liability insurance (or lack thereof), you might consider bringing a mop so people don’t slip on their own drool… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The only thing I have to show for the last year is the Sutro Pneumatic loco weathering and flat car mount…

The flat car was a scratch build years ago, so that counts as my work too!

I can also brag about gluing all the detail parts back on my NH GP-9 that will be behind us on the White Elephant table :open_mouth:

1 Like

They’re not complete, but I’m considering brining my fleet of Don Winter passenger cars.

I took the unfinished but close log cars for the Barnhart down to the indoor layout to check clearances.
they fit everywhere including the tunnel but i do not think the loader will clear the tunnel nothing like a standard gauge car on narrow gauge trucks. will be available with standard gauge trucks as well.
some small missing and damaged bits are promised for next week so should be complete for the show. (reference car is a bachman flat car with accucraft couplers)

1 Like