Large Scale Central

Thinning collection

I need to thin my collection a bit so here is the list of items for sale, Most all have knuckle couplers installed. shipping isn’t included. Local pickup or I can meet you near Indianapolis is possible. Prefer in person pickup, I can hold them if paid in full if you or a friend is passing thru near by at some point going to a convention or show. Thanks Mike

Lionel Burlington Northern GP20, 4 motor powered, no sound, Richmond Controls LED front headlight and Prime Stratolite beacon, original box $250

Lionel Burington Northern GP20 dummy unit, have NOS powered trucks to motorize unit, Richmond controls LED headlight and Prime Beacon $250

Lionel Conrail 40’ box car with flashing ETD light on one end(factory option), includes original box $40

Lionel NYC 40" box car, no original box, has Aristocraft sprung trucks $35

Lionel Rail Box 40’ box car, no original box $20

Lionel BN custom painted 40" box car, kind of rough looking, good weathering fodder $15

Lionel UP 40’ box car, no original box, $20

Lionel PFE orange 40" reefer, no original box $20

Lionel Canadian Pacific Bobber caboose, no original box $25

LGB Burlington Northern smooth side grain hopper, original box $100

LGB 2073d green 0-6-2 with onboard battery, original box, $145

LGB 25 yrs of LGB blue 2 axle passenger coach, original box, $45

LGB 150 years aniv red 2 axle passenger coach, no box, $30

USA John Deere wood side reefer, missing a few grab irons, no box, $25

Mike do you have a picture of the John Deere reefer?

Here are a couple pics of the JD car, its missing one roof hatch, and most all the stirrups are gone. The rest of the cars up for sale are in nearly new condition, This one was like this when I got it in a batch of cars I bought at a show. Mike

Ok Thanks… I will get back with you…Would you be willing to ship to 43333 ?

I can ship or hold if you have any trips planned that take you thru Indiana.

Mike, I am going to pass on this car for now… Thank You for posting the pictures of the car. If you still have it down the road I may get it then…

Mike, being from USA Trains, that reefer would be 1/29? How much smaller is it compared to the LGB grain hopper at 1/22.5? Can I see a pic of the 2 side by side?

LGB’s grain hoppers are closer to 1:29 but not nearly as big as the AML hoppers(wife has the Chessie version) I would take a pic, but I took most everything to the local G scale shop to get it sold quicker as I have a live steam engine I want to purchase as soon as possible. Thanks Mike

Well, if they don’t sell the John Deere reefer, I’ll take it, PM me your address so I can send you a check, and figure/find out what shipping is to 60107, I’ll pay that too. A couple months ago, I sent a 1/6 G.I. Joe Jeep trailer out to a friend of mine in Hemet California, cost me $38 to go across the country, by UPS, weight was around 10 lbs. You and I about 150 miles, straight line distance, apart, shouldn’t be that much to ship.

Its all at Zionsville Train Depot now. You will have to give him a call, he does ship as well. Trying to deal with packing up all those items seperatly was just gonna be to much hassle. If you want the car, give him a call and he will hook you up with it. Mike

Mike Wlez said:

Mike, being from USA Trains, that reefer would be 1/29? How much smaller is it compared to the LGB grain hopper at 1/22.5? Can I see a pic of the 2 side by side?

USA reefers are 1:24th scale.

The light blue car with the 20 on it is an USA reefer, The dark blue car is an Aristocraft steel boxcar.

Dave, you might want to edit 1:42 to 1:24 (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Greg

(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif)Done.

Thanks Greg

Thanks Dave.

E-mailed Zionsville

Got it today, very happy with it, thanks Mike!

Glad you like it. Steam up was a blast, Sammie ran great! Mike

Glad you like it. Steam up was a blast, Sammie ran great! Mike

David Maynard said:

Mike Wlez said:

USA reefers are 1:24th scale.

The light blue car with the 20 on it is an USA reefer, The dark blue car is an Aristocraft steel boxcar.

Is that by chance a USA Trains reefer from the March 2014 20th Anniversary East Coast Large Scale Train Show in York PA? If so, I see color variations in white, yellow, and green but not blue in the USAT database. Maybe you have one of the few blue ones, David. Nice train, BTW!

A little clarification. The USAT catalog says the woodside reefers are 1:24, but the steel side ones (both 40- and 50-foot) are 1:29.

Michael, the 20th anniversary show cars from York were first done it 4 colors to see how they looked. Blue was decided on and the other three colors were dropped. All 4 looked so good to me, I was planning to buy one of each and was a little disappointed that only blue was available at the show.

Bill, be careful. There are 1:24 steel cars from USA also.

Yes Michael, that’s the 20th anniversary ECLSTS car. That’s my commemorative train. There is the MDC anniversary caboose, an LSOL tank car, 2 ECLSTS cars and the Garden Railways boxcar.