Large Scale Central

Sad news

Im not sure if anyone heard but I have Allen Bupp on Facebook. Someone posted on his Facebook page that he had passed away sometime in the morning. Just wanted to pass it on to evereyone.

My condolences to his family…

This is sad and unexpected. For those that don’t know him by his real name, he posted here as Mik.

Oh no! This is sad news, indeed. He will be missed.

Jon Radder said:

This is sad and unexpected. For those that don’t know him by his real name, he posted here as Mik.

Very Sad news. He also started the build challenges.

Oh my!

Blessings to him and his family.

This is sad new. RIP

Sad news, indeed.
He was just a youngster (compared to me.)
I sent him a bunch of parts for his projects.
My condolences to his family.

I did not know him personally, But its sad when a fellow modeler passes. My condolences to his family.

Holy cow! Sad news indeed. :frowning:

OMG! That is startling sad news. My condolences to his family. I really will miss him around here.

Wow,
Just read the news on Facebook.
Vaya con dios, Mik
Ralph

Ric Golding said:

Oh my!

Blessings to him and his family.

Amen.

tac and family

Dang…I met him on one trip I made to PA to pick up a train collection. He was an energetic modeler and made a mark here.

He and the rest of those fine railroaders that have passed here will be enjoying many a ride together up younder.

Andre`

Well, that’s a shame. Allan was quite the creative modeler and an inspiration to many.

Does anyone know what happened? He was quite young.

Steve,
All it says is that “he passed away this morning” and thanks us for being his friends.
Ralph

He hadn’t posted here for a while. I thought he was mad at us, but maybe he was ill.

John, he had posted on his FB account about 2am. He was working on something for a tank car model that would eventually be used to depict the evolution of the tank car. Based on the things he was talking about only yesterday, I surmise this was completely unexpected.

I really wish I had made the time to go out to his place to meet him. I was always a fan of his work on his AVRR.

Between his articles railroading on a budget, building his live steam roller, as well as the antics of the steam heritage society he belonged to, he was a regular staple of my FB timeline and I will definitely miss his periodic reports.

OMG ! Does anyone know what happened?

Bummer.
Unexpected deaths are especially hard. I wish his family the best.

Terry