Large Scale Central

Sad news

As far as I know, this is the last photo of himself he posted here. This is fairly recent.
A good way to remember Mik :wink:
Ralph

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/cabby/_forumfiles/MikC.jpg)

Here’s a picture of Mik setting up a xmas train display for the kids in 2011…

Check this post

http://www.the-ashpit.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=11299&sid=474fdfd2f16f8040040f51194e68886f#p11299

My condolences also. I followed him her and I think I met him at ECLSTS. Very sad.

RIP Mik, Allen you will be missed.

I was thinking about Allen today and all the things he did to try and bring us together as a group. The annual modeling contest was the most visible one. It got me thinking of other friends we have lost over the years. I’ve been here about 8 years, and in that short time quite a few names have passed.

If folks would like to send me photos of our departed friends at Jon at CVSRy dot Com (include names and RR names as I don’t remember everyone) I’d be happy to put together a public photo album of Fallen Flags.

Also, at one time Bob had a Fallen Flag section where he archived websites of those who have left us. That section got left behind with the software change. It would be nice to bring that back. Mik had lots of good info posted at The Ashpit and his AVRR sites. It would be a shame to loose that. Perhaps in a few weeks after the family has had a little time to recover we could get permission to archive his sites before they go dark.

Sad news indeed, his firm and peaceful nature will be missed around here.

Condolonces to Kim and family

Jon I think that’s a great idea. It would be a shame to loose all that info he put together over the years.

I think I have the tools to grab it all. I wouldn’t put it back on line anywhere without permission though.

Jon Radder said:

I think I have the tools to grab it all. I wouldn’t put it back on line anywhere without permission though.

Im sure we can get the permission eventually . I would grab it while you can, just in case the site goes down. That way you at least have it. For those that never got to see his site here is the link
http://www.the-ashpit.com/mik/layout.html

I just saw this on Facebook. I am really going to miss Mik. We exchanged a lot of emails! My condolences to Kim and the family.

Yes Mik will be missed. We will keep Kim and family in our prayers.

Jon that would be great if you can get that done.

Rodney

Oh. I’m so sorry. Prayers to his family.

No slight to anyone else who has been / is instrumental to making it go … but maybe we ought to name the yearly build challenge after him … give it its own forum category, even, to keep all the stuff together as the future ones come and go … seems like something he’d like.

Matthew (OV)

Sounds like a decent idea to me.

I think it’s a great idea.

My condolences to the family. Very sad to hear. Later RJD

Sorry to hear the news, my condolences to his friends and family.

I’ve been off-line for a week or so moving to a new town. Certainly surprised me for sure, In the past I have sent Allen some bits and pieces that I did not need. I think Matthew has a great idea.

Very sad, he always had good ideas and was so kind.

Tom H