Large Scale Central

What are these?

Would actually depend on how the installer chose to wire it, but yes the Sierra convention is to have the tip hot, unlike the link I provided (in Figure 10) before which was the other way around IIRC.

Doing a search I can’t seem to find any wall warts that fit your description with a mini phone plug.

So, get a wall wart with the right voltage rating, and replace the plug with the plug you want with the polarity you want.

I’d probably change the jack from a mini phone plug to a standard DC type of jack.

Strange choice of jack, almost like the programming port connector for a Phoenix… yes, I know it is a sierra

Greg

Didn’t you get a wall wart last time you were here? I have one or two left.

Try charging it. The battery won’t come up with slow speeds…not enough input voltage. Gotta have the switch “off” to charge, if I recall. And leave it off when you secure from running trains.

Those Sierra batteries were garbage when new. They bought the cheapest.

I never had to deal with them, as I ordered them without batteries.

Dealers bought 100 units, set on the shelf, by the time they sold, over six months later, the batteries were toast already.

The built in charger is designed for Lead Acid. NOT NiMH or NiCad.

Different charge protocol.

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

Didn’t you get a wall wart last time you were here? I have one or two left.

Try charging it. The battery won’t come up with slow speeds…not enough input voltage. Gotta have the switch “off” to charge, if I recall. And leave it off when you secure from running trains.

Those Sierra batteries were garbage when new. They bought the cheapest.

I never had to deal with them, as I ordered them without batteries.

Dealers bought 100 units, set on the shelf, by the time they sold, over six months later, the batteries were toast already.

The built in charger is designed for Lead Acid. NOT NiMH or NiCad.

Different charge protocol.

I did and it works great. My last reply was before I came to see you.