Large Scale Central

Wanted - water column

Just received mine… or three (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)They are very nice.

Jason

Jason, Rick or anyone else:

I finally received a MTH Water Column from an ebay purchase after canceling my repeatedly delayed order from a “real” seller.

So, before I totally mess something up can someone enlighten me on how to remove the column so I can replace it with a taller one? It appears to be held together by the finial on top and the base shroud on the bottom. I can remove the giant Phillips screw on the base but that only removes the base from the column. It appears that the 5/16 column is possibly glued, painted in or somehow attached to the finial and shroud and my attempts to twist them apart has failed. So I thought I’d ask before I apply more draconian methods.

Thank you for whatever assistance you can provide.

Mark,

The one I obtained was broken in two pieces and crusty. I could find no way to get it apart for really good cleaning so just wire brushed it and used a couple sizes of brass tubing

and epoxy to extend the tower. Not much help I know but something to consider.

Rick:

Thanks. Since this is new it is way too shiny so at worst case I’ll mess it up trying to get it apart before aging and rusting it up.