Large Scale Central

USA Trains Mighty Mo switcher....

Well, I guess when you are the 800 pound gorilla in the room, you don’t have to be all smiles and sunshine.

Call me stupid, but I fail to understand your comment.

Politeness to a paying customer is the basis of all good commercial transactions, no matter how small they might be. Curt responses to genuine enquiries to buy the products the you sell are guaranteed to put me off for good.

tac

OVGRS

Forgive me for getting in the midst of this Tac, but on this side of the pond it seems that most common courtesies have fallen by the way side. Not only on line but on the phone and in person. And in their place you are supposed to accept an attitude or lack of courtesy from an 800 lb gorilla.

Yep, bought myself a Christmas present, noticed it didn’t work, took it back 3 days later and had to keep reminding the clerk to not talk down to me as he spent 10 minutes not getting it to work. He refused to exchange it for a working one and told me to send it back to the company.

Soak in the Holiday Spirit …

Sure glad Upland Trains still cares about their customers!

tac Foley said:

Call me stupid, but I fail to understand your comment.

Politeness to a paying customer is the basis of all good commercial transactions, no matter how small they might be. Curt responses to genuine enquiries to buy the products the you sell are guaranteed to put me off for good.

tac

OVGRS

tac, I agree with you. I was just stating the apparent attitude of certain companies. Once they reach a certain share of the marketplace, they get an attitude, and forget that without customers, they don’t have a business. This is not just in our hobby, its in many industries.

That they are from New Jersey has something to do with it. New Jersey is one of those “special” places, here in the good old USA. They seem to make rudeness an art. Except for Navin, of course.

Let’s see how long it takes them to accept my order, and how they respond.

tac

OVGRS

I got onto their site and clicked on the ‘order’ email form, listed my needs, and asked how they wanted paying.

This was the response -

R22-12 $49.95

R22-17 $6.95

R22-32 $5.95 rear long

R22-19 $6.95 (4) same as NW2

You can order online at www.charlesro.com

Charles Ro Supply Co

662 Cross St

Malden, MA 02148

781-321-0090

I thought that WAS an order. I think they should change their ‘service’ heading to ‘lack of service’. What a bunch of dwongs.

tac

OVGRS

tac, I have better luck when I call them and speak to them in person. Some folks don’t quite get the fact that they are in a global market yet. In a global market, a phone call isn’t always easy, due to the fact that earth isn’t flat.

Give them a call I have called for parts a few times and have never had a bad experience with them, have talked to Charles Sr on some of the calls and he was more than helpful.

They have replaced parts that were damaged in shipping even when not buying cars and engines from them.

tac Foley said:

I got onto their site and clicked on the ‘order’ email form, listed my needs, and asked how they wanted paying.

Its shown under their heading Store Policies

Altho’ one would think they should advertised Visa etc., on the front page of their website…and businesses wonder why customers fall away and they go bust…incompetence, complacentcy or arrogance?

Ross Mansell said:

tac Foley said:

Its shown under their heading Store Policies

Altho’ one would think they should advertised Visa etc., on the front page of their website…and businesses wonder why customers fall away and they go bust…incompetence, complacentcy or arrogance?

Thanks, Ross. Just didn’t click that ‘policies’ meant ‘how to pay us’.

I’ll give it a try when the head of steam I’ve worked up has diminished somewhat.

Best

tac

OVGRS