Large Scale Central

The Blood Moon Eclipse, Please share your photos

hey those cloud shots are equally cool.

Friend of mine took this one in western MA. Multi exposure with a timer. Nikon DSLR with a Pro Optic 750mm lens.

My Wive, son and I went to Popham Beach to view the Eclipse Sunday Night…What a show! My camera wasnt up to good photos of the moon but I did get a couple of shots setting the scene:

the two lights below are lighthouses marking the entrance to the Kennebec River.

To cool Bob. I wanted to do this as well but I don’t know how to do the multiple exposure on my camera or if I even can. Do you think your buddy would be willing to give up a copy of that?

Eric the moon shots may not be nice but looked like a beautiful night at the beach.

A great shot Bob, he must be a Pro.

It is great that so many got out for a look. My wife and I headed to a nearby beach with telescope in arms but for some reason we forgot to bring a camera. My wife got a few interesting shots by lining up her cell phone camera with the telescope eyepiece but it wasn’t easy to get just the right angle.

On the beach we could see people in a house nearby and they never once stepped out to look up? I guess they were watching the event on the computer or TV. Seems silly to skip it when we had little cloud cover and it was such a nice night but to each their own.

I saw a partial eclipse of the moon at sea in the southern Indian Ocean. I also saw the moons of Jupiter through the “Big Eyes,” the long focal length binoculars on the bridge wings of most ships. This almost makes me miss being at sea. Almost. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I will never get over how disengaged some people can be to their surroundings. I had quite an entourage surrounding me Sunday with the neighbor kids and even a few adults. I am somewhat of the local astronomy expert because I am always looking at something (wish i still had my telescope, it was a cheapy but it worked until it broke). I explained why it was happening, the difference between a solar eclipse and a lunar eclipse and a new moon verses and eclipse. So with at any time 5 or 6 people around we had a good night. But then some of the neighbors walked by with out so much as even a glance at what we were looking at. Some people just simply do not care.

It must be a lonely place to live in a small minded world.

Thanks for all the wonderful pics!

Almost all of mine suffered from lack of a tripod. Later learned I should/could have used the timer to remove some of the shake.

Found a wonderful set of pictures on DPReview: Astrophotography Talk Forum/Lets post our lunar eclipse quick images in one thread.

I don’t usually like to view videos but the one in the linked Youtube was great.

I started at the first post at the top a few days ago.

I can post some pics of the shake results, not knowing how to focus to infinity, etc, etc.

The one of mine I did like had beautiful red pixels and nothing of the quality posted here or on the linked set of posts.