Large Scale Central

Shawn Viggiano article in Garden Railway

Congratulations, great work. You beat me to the punch too. I’ve been in art magazines over the years, but all I’ve ever really wanted, and I’m not kidding, was to be in a model railroad magazine!

Snot bad …….

I remember when we wuz designing that railroad.

https://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/19393/new-layout-ideas?page=1

Congrats!

Hopefully GR spotlights one in their backyard in a couple years.

Amazing how you get all those good pictures on such a small layout! GOod design there.

Shawn, here is one that I designed several years ago when down sizing but never built because of back problems, believe it will fit in a 30’ x 15’ area and both loops are mostly LGB 1600 radius (8’) and 1600 switches except when you get into the siding areas. It is designed with 2 loops that can be run independent of each other or together as 1 big loop, In the upper left hand side is a cross over switch area using 1600 switches and a 30degree cross over, they can be set to where the single train will go from 1 loop to the other with out monitoring the switches like during O beer thirty or when showing the layout to others and you don’t have to think about where the train is. Hard to see in the drawing but it has a mountain, tunnel, pond and yard also has 2 reversing loops for both to change direction, enjoy Billlayout crossing

I just got around to reading this issue of GR. Great article, Shawn! Nice looking layout too. Congrats!