Large Scale Central

REVIEW Requests: PIKO Mogul & "New" Annie

If anyone is interested in the current Piko Mogul w/o sound I suggest buying one now at the still low price, next years Mogul and Switcher are both only available with sound with corresponding price bump and are both MSRP $450 big ones, thats too much for me :frowning:

Thank Bmann for the Lil Big Hauler lines

My buddy seems to enjoy his but they are way to small for me.

Am considering one of the Piko Moguls… Can anyone add anything to the pervious comments, running experience and the sound quality?

Thanks in advance

We have a member that has a newer version and it runs great. While i’m not a Piko guy this has encouraged me to what to order the Camel back as a pusher engine to retrieve all the dead Aristo loco’s around the layout. The 0 6 0 runs well.

**Nick S. said:**engine to retrieve all the dead Aristo loco’s around the layout. The 0 6 0 runs well.

LMAO

:slight_smile:

In all fairness - I’ve only had trouble with one Aristocraft engine- An early version Pacific -I liked it enough that I replaced it with another (newer version). Never had any trouble with any of my Hartland or LGB engines - I have only had one USA train engine, which after less the six months would only run in one direction, and which they would not repair the one-year warranty- They wanted over $100. to fix for an engine that retailed at the time for $169.00 I’ll never give em another chance even though I loved the quality of the graphics … Really unfortunate, as I live about three miles from Charles Ro Supply. Anyway should know about the Piko soon enough as Fed-ex is supposed to deliver it today.

Thanks for your input-

Phil-
I find your accounting of Charles Ro, Inc., not honoring their one-year warranty strange at best.
My interpretation is you personally went to the company, presented evidence of date of purchase, after your problem description, they tested it, and then refused to either fix it or replace it – unless a $100 repair fee.
Is this sequence of events accurate?
I am very surprised – in particular since you were in the store personally and this was not a e-mailed impersonal transaction.

What reason was given for not honoring the warranty?
Did either of the Ro family interact with you?

Thanks,
Wendell

In fairness to Charles Ro…

I purchased the engine at a Dealer on Cape Cod which is about 60 miles or so from Malden, Mass.When I started having trouble with it, I called, explained the situation, the unit, when I purchased it,Etc. I was told that they would only repair it for the $100.00, I found out later that that employee was let go (hearsay)

In hindsight, I should of taken it over to the store, with the receipt, however the drive is miserable from here (even as close as I’m located… just 3 miles or so). I just find the “new” store employees rude, and don’t want to deal with them-it’s easier to punch a few buttons on-line and watch for the “Wells Fargo Wagon coming down the Street” To paraphrase a saying from my days in the service "i voted with my wallet (feet) I personally like Charlie, and yes I know it can be absolutely miserable dealing with the public… I recall I also had trouble with two Aristocraft eggliners, one they mailed me a new engine motor no questions asked, the other was a wire not connected at the factory

In addition I love the quality graphics on USA products, I see that a huge number of fellow G scalers think highly of his products, To me good service is paramount - I have received that from Aristocraft and Hartland when needed so that’s who I have supported. I can only relay my own experiences - Feel free to disagree