Large Scale Central

Picture Posting help for Rick Marty

Thanks Andrew,

I use a hosting site called postimage.org. They have various settings for size, before you upload, and then you can just paste the link into the insert box. it worked, Maybe I will try the next bigger size from 640 x 640.

Paul

Paul, I didn’t see your 640 wide post until after I submitted my post.
This forum and MLS both work well with a maximum 800 pixel wide image.
If you set it at your picture host, there is nothing else to do when inserting in the forums or host them at a larger resolution and add the width="?" to the HTML so the picture is displayed here any size you wish.

(http://s19.postimg.org/usiegtztv/IMG_5933.jpg)(http://s19.postimg.org/usiegtztv/IMG_5933.jpg)

Andrew

Hi Andrew, I just posted another photo over in the official snow thread. I did that one 800 x 600, and it looks good.

Thanks for your advice.

Paul

Well i have followed the directions from page one on this thread and i cant get the pictures to post. I have 7 pics in frieght shed and i also have photobucket> I cant get any to show up. I thought you could drag and drop them in the comments. Would someone be able to help me out as to what I am doin wrong?.. Thanks, Travis

Travis,

In Photobucket bring up the picture you want and on the right is a list of options under “Links to Share This Photo”. Click on the one labeled “Direct”, and it will automatically “Copy”, then paste that URL in the window that pops up when you click on the little tree Icon in the “post reply” window.

With the Freight Shed, click on the link and the picture with the URL will appear. Copy that URL and paste it in the same little tree window that pops up. Then hit the button that says “Insert”.

I’ve never tried the “Drag and Drop” method so I have no idea how that works, (if it does).

Travis Dague said:

Well i have followed the directions from page one on this thread and i cant get the pictures to post. I have 7 pics in frieght shed and i also have photobucket> I cant get any to show up. I thought you could drag and drop them in the comments. Would someone be able to help me out as to what I am doin wrong?.. Thanks, Travis

Open your freight shed, in a new window, open the thread you want to post in, Open the editor and click on the Tree icon.clic on the shed tab…
In the shed I right click on the pic name and chose ‘save shortcut’, I paste that into the photo editor where it asks for the url, then I click ‘insert’.
Done

Be sure you have your cursor where you want the pic.
After inserting pic, tap the Enter key until the cursor is below your pic for next pic.

Clear as mud?

Good
John

Ghostery picked up 18 trackers on page 1 of this thread. Interesting.

Page 2 has three, page 3 has 2 (trackers)

This the method I use with freight shed.

You are already replying, or starting a new thread.

Open another tab to LSC and open your freight shed. (Don’t close your first tab.)

Choose a pic by clicking on it. (A third tab opens with the pic.)

Drag to highlight the pics address and right click “Cut”.

Go back to the first tab (Your thread) and click the “Tree Icon”

In the small window that pops up, right click and paste the URL of the pic you cut.

Hit insert.

you can eliminate the clicking to open the pic and the need to highlight, just right click on the name and chose Save Shortcut, Now Go Back to Other Page, drop it in the correct box with Paste.
When my cursor is over the name a thumbnail opens letting me confirm the pic before posting…

John

Thanks John.

I new there was an easier way.

OK after reading all of this thread I’m really glad Jon wrote the instructions already. Now if those who really need it can find it and apply it … it will be all good. We may still get dim pictures, but such is life.

It’s too bad I won’t be able to post pictures. Nothing I have tried with my Mac (running Josemite) works. As far as I can tell I can’t even post from my Freight Shed. That button does not even come up!

Gentlemen

Has any one had any luck with Windows 10? I can not get paste to do anything in the insert Source box. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)I am working from a Windows file.

Jay

I am on Wnders 10. What are you trying to do?

Windows 10 is not any issue, it’s how you get the URL of the picture and paste it into the post.

An observation: many of the “easy” methods change over time. Understanding how to “find” the URL of the picture and how to copy it into the computer’s “clipboard” or “paste buffer”.

I know everyone wants it “easy”, but often when you don’t understand the fundamentals, and just work from a “recipe” without the fundamental understanding, then when the “recipe” fails, you are stuck.

Greg

Greg, yes. That’s why even with a recipe, it can be a challenge for certain folks. They don’t know what exactly they are doing with each step. They just know that these are the steps.

Jay, you say you are working from a windows file? So, does that mean the pictures are resident on your computer? Posting them is different then posting pictures you have uploaded to some online (internet) source.

I started Photobucket and this is what I ended up with. Now how do I get it to show the photo?

Jay

Old layout

Jay Root said:

I started Photobucket and this is what I ended up with. Now how do I get it to show the photo?

Jay

Old layout

What operating system do you use?

I sent you a PM several days ago to help, I suggested you use the Freight Shed that came with membership, but the p-bucket is good too, until you reach their limits…

John

I use Photobucket also. What you need to do is on the right side next to the picture is a small caption that says: “Share this photo” with a couple of small windows under it. Run your cursor over the one that says “Direct” and it’ll highlight if you Left Click on it and will say “Copied”. Just insert that link in the photo posting window over the Reply window after you open that window.(the one with the mountain in it.) It’s a few steps but after a bit it gets automatic.

Nice layout, BTW…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)