Large Scale Central

Ozark Grain Elevator 'kit'

This Ozark kit may be okay inside, but the light weight of the foam board panels that are covered with plastic would be a problem outside. I made the side walls out of 3/4" planks and added some plywood siffeners up above. I also shortened it 4". Plan to add some more wood inside, on the bottom. May screw some L brackets to the wood sides, then could use some landscape spikes to peg it to the ground.

OK, I received my ‘kit’ yesterday. I now have a much better idea of what is going on. I am going to try and scan the ‘little’ drawing into my computer and try for a scale enlargement to 1:24 (1/2"). If I am successful I’ll let you all know. Then If you want or need a larger copy I can print it off and mail it to you. While Ozark is selling it, it is not their ‘kit’.

Next question, has any one ever used that type of material or the corrugated plastic material for buildings? I have some but have not tried it yet.

I’ll try for pictures when I get some thing done.

Paul
Chief Engineer, Smoke Valley Railroad

I really can’t recommend it.

Here’s a shot of the mill so far. You can see the wood sides and 1/4" ply up above, there is another piece down under it about 6". Note the L brackets at the bottom. I plan to put a plant spike through the hole to help hold it down. It is 30" tall, even with the wood I think it would blow over in a good wind.

(http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/jerrybarnes/Mill1.JPG)