Large Scale Central

Log Bronc

Looks great!

Don gage said:

Weathered bronc waiting for details.

Top view. Painted flat black and dry brush weathered using acrylics: Tarnished black, earth, dirt, rust, and Zinc Chromate Primer.

The jaw teeth could use some highlighting, perhaps some dark grey and silver. More to follow, Don.

The Log Bronc is a new addition to the Wharf and should be able to be placed on the side or stern of the barge, on the right of the photo. Still contemplating some prop wash for effect.

Thank for looking,

Don

Nice looking work Don(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Teeth

Here is the final color on the teeth. Oily black closer to the hull, tarnished black on the sides of the teeth and stainless steel on the points and edges. Details to follow…

Not my cup of tea but love modeling pics ,Nice work Don !

Don gage said:

Here is the final color on the teeth. Oily black closer to the hull, tarnished black on the sides of the teeth and stainless steel on the points and edges. Details to follow…

It looks quite Jules Verne.

Don, nothing I like better than a really good paint job. I hope you stick around and show us lots of projects.

I see you’re using acrylics. Have you ever tried Turner Acryl Gouache Artist Acrylics? They are basically acrylics but they dry matte, especially the darker colors dry dead matte. I find them very useful in modelling when I don’t want the satin finish that can’t be avoided with straight acrylics.

https://www.jerrysartarama.com/turner-acryl-gouache

Hi John,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I will check out the acrylics you mentioned, they sound great. I have a large selection of Modelflex and Accuflex and Pollyscale paints in my tool cabinets. I am sold on the fine grained acrylics. I have seen folks use the acrylics from craft store with some luck, just not for me.

Have a great day,

Don

Don do you know if they us old tires back then ?

Hello Sean,

This little rig was solely used for pushing logs around a pond or inlet. The strakes and rails were designed to take the impact and crushing. Traditional tugs of this era would use sisal rope braided into bumpers and occasionally tires.

Don