Large Scale Central

LGB 21670 Track cleaning loco

Dan,

i don’t know what would happen if you did change CV 51 as you suggest. I’m just happy to have everything working again so I wont mess with it. There might be more courageous people out there who may give it a go. One thing for sure, this is not like a Zimo decoder.

Andrew

A J said:

My sincere thanks to everyone for your kind help and support. Before buying a new decoder I decided to give LGB one more try. I very kind gentleman replied with the following information. Some of it was not in the manual so I’m sharing it here In the hope it will help others. As I suspected some of the non listed CV had been overwritten. The Reset still does not work, but having the extra CV below enabled me to program each directly.

My LGB track cleaning loco is back in business.

LGB 20670 Schienenschleiflok / Track cleaning loco Besondere CV-Werte / special CV values
30.11.2010 - NR

CV49 = 32 Cleaning Motor Speed control

CV50 = 5 Brightnes for Lights

CV51 = 129 Cleaning motor switch button 1 / forward only

CV52 = 128 Light command forward

CV53 = 64 Light command back

CV54 = 38 Digital Aanalogue flashing light configuration

CV56 = 5 Bright ness flashing roof lights

CV57 = 129 switch for flashing lights

CV55 = 55 Reset Standard

CV55 = 66 Reset Specials
Andrew

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Andrew - Congrats on fixing your LGB Track Cleaning Loco! So, I’m curious, which version of the five do you have…I assume it’s either the last Yellow version made, or the newest Red version made, both have the on-board dcc technology built into the circuit board?

Tom

A thought… When programming the track cleaner be sure the engine is in the normal run mode, not cleaning mode.

Switch in cab is for :

Left 0 all off

Middle 1 Normal engine, no cleaning capaboility

Right 2 Cleaning mode, forward cleaning only/reverse is no cleaning.

Dan,

i was sure I had replied to you last post but could not see my reply.

As everything is now working I don’t have the courage to mess with it :slight_smile: That is how I got into non function state. Strangely I am more comfortable nfident with my Zimo 699, at least there is information online about it.

Andrew

Thomas,

My Track Cleaning Loco is the latest version, Red LGB/Marklin The decoder is built in.

i bought it new about 3 years ago. Interestingly the cleaning motor has always rotated the wheels in the same direction as the movement, not opposite as it is meant too. Easy to change but not necessary, it cleans well.

Andrew

A J said:

Thomas,

My Track Cleaning Loco is the latest version, Red LGB/Marklin The decoder is built in.

i bought it new about 3 years ago. Interestingly the cleaning motor has always rotated the wheels in the same direction as the movement, not opposite as it is meant too. Easy to change but not necessary, it cleans well.

Andrew

I do believe you just have to switch leads to the cleaning motor .

A J said:

Thomas,

Andrew

Andrew - I have both the Red version you have plus recently bought a used Yellow version with the onboard DCC decoder…the last version of the Yellow one.

As already mentioned, you just switch the wires going to the cleaning motor. It’s easy to access that motor block as stated in your LGB Owner’s Manual. In fact, there’s a reason LGB and LGB/Marklin designed the wheels to turn in the opposite direction…I believe it causes less grinding on your brass rails compared to the forward direction your loco’s cleaning wheels are doing. So suggest you switch those wires.