Large Scale Central

Invasion 2016

Great pictures and story Bruce. It really looks like you guys had a great time. To bad I live on the other coast, it would be nice to see some of these places in person and meet you guys face to face. Maybe some year.

Chuck

David Maynard said:

Railroad signals with red on top?

I should have taken a picture, but my camera was in my luggage. We rode the Denver light rail from the airport on our recent visit. All of their signals have red on top. It could be to make it simple to determine the light rail signals from the SP signals on the adjacent track - but nevertheless RED was on top !!!

Nice pictures Bruce - Thanks. I had hoped to get to the Finger Lakes portion but once again a trip to see kids & grand kids messed up the timing.

Great seeing everyone at this years Invasion just downloading a few pictures from my camera, thought I’d share. The shots of my CPR G3g heading up the pool train on Saturday’s standard gauge operations was taken by Malcom on his phone. Ken’s C19 has me saving up for one now, maybe next year! My Climax ended up doing yard duty under the guidance of Bernie, he had mixed up his dates and showed up with one of those nasty diesel things!

Chuck Inlow said:

Great pictures and story Bruce. It really looks like you guys had a great time. To bad I live on the other coast, it would be nice to see some of these places in person and meet you guys face to face. Maybe some year.

Chuck

You and Steve and Devon could share a ride starting at Steve’s

AND you’d get to use the UP(upper peninsula), too.

Google map directions: Only 2300 miles or so

It looks like a pretty straight run, too. Not too many lakes and rivers to go around.

Bring your passports.

Leave July 5th 2017 and you should make the Invasion in plenty of time:-)

Great pics and stuff, Bruce! Sorry I missed this year - an early trip home to the GWN, a three week break, followed by two visiting cousins from down near the lake, another three week break and then almost a month in Oregon puts a brake on vacation money for us poor old pensioners, y’know.

A nice win of the lottery would see us spending 90 days ata time over in the real world, though…soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

tac

OVGRS

TAC, you was missed. Your fury friends, not so much! However, they were spoken of

“2016”, was it the last “Invasion of Friends”…? Who knows…all great things must, sooner or later, come to an end.

Friendships made and nurtured, over the years at “Invasions”, will never end…life moves on. The host railroads still operate, Friends, and visitors will always be welcomed, by the friendly LARGE SCALE operators in Eastern Ontario, Canada.