Large Scale Central

Help! LGB 2-4-0 ideas.

Okay i think I have made up my mind. I have enough donor locos to make some neat stuff. This one is too pretty to cut up and aside from some relettering and some weathering I think I am going to leave it as is and tackle a purpose built 2-4-0 like the one John posted to haul a link and pin string of cars.

Thanks for the input guys.

Devon Sinsley said:

Sell it and and start modeling Amtrak

I can even be persuaded to model a diesel, but my railroad does not need female implements of pleasure running around on its rails.

Devon,Can you explain that" female implements" comment? I was on an Amtrak train a couple of months ago, for several days, enjoying a nice ride across the US. Didn’t know of this activity on the train, I want to hear more on you experiences of this,

There is a reason us railroaders call it the “Silver Suppository”.

I have this engine and a powered tender, not quite my style, so a little modifications, Not Done , but here is what I got so far.

2b408c6990bb39b5ebc006781e6ab24ffe8bd861-20160525-113455-C1-Trainz-3888306-01 by Dennis Rayon, on Flickr

Turned it into this

IMG_5158 by Dennis Rayon, on Flickr

Is there nothing people won’t do with a STAINZ? That is really cool, Dennis.

Want to see how do a bash on a Stainz have a look at this.

https://riksrailway.blogspot.com/2017/04/how-i-anglicised-lgb-stainz-loco.html

Plus there is a couple of posts on how he installed batter power into one if that is your bent.

I am modifying a Stainz into a sugar cane style tank engine plus I am planning to a bash using 2 Stainz locos plus a Newquida loco (an LGB knock off).

So no there is no bounds to what people will do to a Stainz

Want to look at some good Stainz bashes google Stefan Otto.

PT Tubifoold joesome of mineORFRosy

Wow Bill you sure did Americanize a German made engine GREAT Job

Thanks Dennis, when I first started in large scale there were no American engines so you made your own, and have always liked small industrial style engines, although when the Bachmann battery powered big hauler first came out they were dirt cheap and when LGB produced the mogul I mated the chassis from the mogul to a shortened big hauler and added a trailing truck and built a nice 2-6-2 prairie but until my recent Mason bogie build was my largest engine, Bill

Oh I have a Stanz that is already earmarked for my foray into 7/8ths. But thats a ways off.