Large Scale Central

Future of G scale ?

RE: “…I still cannot understand why 0-27 or 3 rail stuff hasn’t died?..”

I agree, but maybe with respect to electrical function using track power, the third center rail allows trains to loop back through a turnout from where it came without incurring an electrical short that would happen with a 2 rail track configuration - simplifying layout wiring.

-Ted

Someone mentioned getting kids off cell phones, or using cell phones to operate the trains, on Facebook there is a guy working on , and is almost ready to sell a circuit board to connect your train to a bluetooth device. If it come out that may help the hobby by simplifying how things are run on the layout and get newer “techies” involved. My grandkids are getting interested in trains just because I am and because I had them graffitti a car and told them there will be a building with their name on the layout, so I hope to pass this on to them one day

Pete Lassen said:

Someone mentioned getting kids off cell phones, or using cell phones to operate the trains, on Facebook there is a guy working on , and is almost ready to sell a circuit board to connect your train to a bluetooth device. If it come out that may help the hobby by simplifying how things are run on the layout and get newer “techies” involved. My grandkids are getting interested in trains just because I am and because I had them graffitti a car and told them there will be a building with their name on the layout, so I hope to pass this on to them one day

Bluerail already has Bluetooth-enabled control. See my post about them here

https://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/25795/blue-rail-board?page=1

Ted Doskaris said:

RE: “…I still cannot understand why 0-27 or 3 rail stuff hasn’t died?..”

I agree, but maybe with respect to electrical function using track power, the third center rail allows trains to loop back through a turnout from where it came without incurring an electrical short that would happen with a 2 rail track configuration - simplifying layout wiring.

-Ted

It’s the Go-Fast option, in my mind, the hand car had Magne-Traction. You could really punch it (gas pedal talk) down the track and around the corners and not derail. Look at G funny and you’re reshaping the ballast.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif)