Large Scale Central

Current 3d printed roster

Mark on the HH660 and the Boxcab, what are the intended motor blocks?

For wheel spacing, the USA trains motor block of the NW-2 would probably be the best match, the frame has a generic hole placement that will accept either usa or aristo motor blocks

Mark Dashnaw said:

generic hole placement

I’m behaving

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

Thanks Mark, was that for the Aristo FA1 block or the Aristo Centercab blocks or will either work? There’s a significant size difference between the two, both are now like hens teeth, at least I know at least I can still get ahold of the NW2 USA bricks.

Fa.rs3.uboat motor blocks are way to big to use, the better aristo option is off the even more rare centercab, hopefully bachmann will bring those back

ALCO C-630

This one does NOT have any paint on it (except the handrails) no finishing or sanding on anything either. lettering is vinyl decals

12 Axle heavy duty flatcar

3d printed train

Marc

When are you going to print these?

No chance this year, still only on 11 of the projects on this list

Mark Dashnaw said:

ALCO C-630

This one does NOT have any paint on it (except the handrails) no finishing or sanding on anything either

No paint? Decals or did you print the white?

Looks like the renderings are getting cleaner as you learn.

John

Hey Mark, you are doing some fantastic work, but I have a question for you. Do you design all these from scratch or is there a source of drawings out there that you have access to.

All of my alcos are from scratch

the sw1500 is by Daniel Noree

the f40 is modified from design on sketchup that is drawn wrong (cab section isn’t close but the body was usable)

the GP30c was found on sketchup and made 3d printable by me

John the lettering is vinyl

Baldwin DR 6-4-2000

Impressive Marc to say the least!

Very nicely done. I’m impressed. Got to love those Alcos and especially the C-630 C&NW. Later RJD

Now that Bachmann has reissued the Aristo FA blocks, that opens up the prospects for even more models.

Perhaps I bailed form 1:29 just a bit too soon - I just love the Alcos; especially the early ones like the RS-1 and variations of the RS-3. As mentioned by others, the printing quality seems tons better than your early ones. Where do you find the time to do all this design work?

added 2 RS-3’s to the roster a while back, not sure why I didn’t put up pics here

Alco RS-1 Joins the 3d print train roster

Nice!