Large Scale Central

Cats

My two cats. Tuffy is a Maine Coon (the orange one) and Taffy who is an English Tabby. They keep me entertained with their antics.

Tuffy and Taffy are handsome critters.

My two fellows; pics are from a couple years go - they were online and easy to link to (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)Are both still here and still being their furry headed selves.

“Train? What train? I know nothing of any train.”
(yes, Grumman did knock it over)

Train? What train? I know nothing about any train. by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

Yes, Georgie stayed just like that while train passed.
And as can be seen train ran over his leash just fine.

1_g1 (2) by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

1_g2 (2) by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

1_g3 by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

I didn’t ask what was going on, ignorance seemed to truly be bliss.
And I wasn’t sure that what was going on would be legal in this state.

I’m not even going to ask, I just don’t want to know. by Forrest Wood, on Flickr

We got got our first cat, a red ragdoll. They are known for their docile behavior, not minding water, and they will often follow their owners around like a dog.

We got him as a kitten:

Have not introduced him to trains yet, but he’s about as big as a hi cube boxcar now.

Greg

Very cute, Greg.

My Tabby plays fetch with me with her various toys. She jumps up in my lap and drops the toy, expecting me to throw it. And I do. This goes on for a while until she gets distracted and moves on to other antics.

Gee, and I can’t seam to tech my dog to fetch. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

Terry Gross had a woman on yesterday talking about how to train your cat. For the most part she was right on. But when the bugger doesn’t feel like listening, or pretends he’s not listening, it can be frustrating. Our cat, Bailey, follows us around and comes when called. He is attached at my wife’s hip. He’s getting on in age, fifteen, so he’s more apt to stay close to home these days. Fortunately, we live next to a sheep farm and there’s woods across the road, so he has always had a nice playground, although he has never ventured across the road to the woods, unlike our first two cats.

This is a blog which both jibes with my experiences and turns out to have good info about things I didn’t know. Are also on Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter.

We didn’t have a lot of money, but cats were a hobby we could afford. I never intended to accumulate so many. Honest!

But I was also incapable of turning away when a cat was in need, whether it was a starving cat at the end of our driveway, a kitten who howled at the door during a rainstorm, or the last kitten in the box in front of the grocery store. The one who wasn’t going to get a home of any kind.

This is how we got a lot of cats. This is how I observed, experimented, and began to formulate something that was not very well described or understood. It was in the very beginnings of what was called “psychological dog training.” I began to adapt it to cats.

I found out how to form partnerships with cats. How to tell how a potential cat or kitten would work out in my home, and how best to rehome them when they would be happier in a different situation.

For fifteen years, I was able to run my rescue, until my life melted down. But I rebuilt it, even though it took a shape that did not have room for as many cats as I’d been used to having. But in the space between, the rise of other cat rescues and no-kill shelters shows how much progress has been made.

http://www.wayofcats.com/blog/

George is a new addition to the W&Q family. he came as a kitten who easily could ride in my box car, though He never did. but he crawled in a turned around inside when I had it here in my office! now he is as long as my 7/8th scale box car and enjoys exploring around the line while I am working on it. here he is doing some shopping at the general store.

He really doesnt stay still long enough for a good sharp photo…

Sorry, I cannot continue the construction of my engine house because it is squatted by a monster, named Léon

I love these cat pics!!!

We have three and all were rescue’s.

This is my cat Susan

This is my daughters cat Ruby. She was born with no tail. We also call her fat rabbit. lol.

And this is our newest addition. He is my wife’s cat, Buster. He’s the one inspecting the Chessie engine in my profile picture. He’s more like a puppy than a cat. He will play fetch and is just generally a spaz. lol.

Buster fell in love with Susan the day we brought him home. lol.

Miss Kitty(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

This is my little female cat, Calie. She loves to be everywhere on the layout while we’re out working on it or running trains. She also thinks she the track inspector. Here she’s heading into the tunnel.

My cat, Schrodinger, just jumped in my lap, so I guess that means that he is alive, after all. He will go on a walkabout for days on end and we are not sure whether he is alive or dead, it could be either, or both, then just walk in and demand attention.

Schrodinger.

Haha Steve! Well, with a name like Schrodinger, I guess you have to expect that. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)