Large Scale Central

ALCo Century 415

I think Rooster is a post whore !

Me thinks he wants to be just like Daktah John … By the way he’s been quiet…

Gary Buchanan, FOG said:

I think Rooster is a post whore !

Ya think? (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Me thinks he wants to be just like Daktah John … By the way he’s been quiet…

I believe he’s out in Colorado, visiting his son.

Forrest Scott Wood said:

Okay, maybe this is a little on the odd side of things: though the C-415 wasn’t a fast locomotive something about the cab location gives it, to me, sort of a ‘hot rod’ look when running long-er hood forward. Even after several decades I can’t define why that is so, it just is.

They had several options for cab height and it is not the tall cab ones which look that way to me.

I like the Rock Island but not that livery; http://www.railpictures.net/photo/53335/ One of these could look pretty spiffy in the black and red with white trim and silver trucks “Rocket Freight” livery.
Pretty much anything would look classy in Southern Railway’s black and imitation aluminum with gold lettering and trim.

And that demonstrator paint scheme came out looking nice, too.

If its going to be a hot rod, maybe there should be a spoiler on the short hood.

Flames on the long hood might be a bit tacky.

After a simple rework of the cab, I can now offer 2 of the main 4 versions of the C415, When I get some printer time i’ll make a second display model with the lower cab roof, which will be painted in Rock Island red/yellow scheme, which i;m thinking is the baddest of the “drag race looks” as mentioned before

Normal cab does look like a bad ass dragster

needs flames on the short hood end, lol

These are so freaking awesome. Very high end job on these

Absolutely incredible what you can do with 3D printing. Maybe this is just the technology to help me finally build that long sought after narrow gauge Army loco 4700N.