Large Scale Central

A Simulated Caboose Gazeebo

Looking good Andy, Glad to hear you’re back and able to do a bit.

Nice man-cave…:wink:

For some reason I imagined it would have walls. :wink:

Looking good, Andy.

Bruce Chandler said:
For some reason I imagined it would have walls. ;)

Looking good, Andy.

Doesn’t a caboose have wheels, too?

Bob - read the original scenario regarding the non-existent wheels…they are not there, because they are someplace else…rollin’…

tac

Womens work and my bladder is full

Ok, and how is this ankered to the ground?

Marty Cozad said:
Ok, and how is this ankered to the ground?
Marty, it will have 8 tie-down points into the concrete pad, from L-shaped flat metal.... It is anchored into the concrete with bolts the metal, and a wedge type device into the concrete... 4 attachment points will be connected to the double floor joists at the ends of the enclosed part of the caboose, and one each on the 4 upright metal corner posts... I'll take pictures, when I get them installed.... The Bolt/anchors have a tread at the top for the nut, and the bottom is split, and there's a pin that you drive down thru the bolt, to expand the ends, once they are inserted into the holes in the concrete pad... Got them from my lumber yard....

And here’s a few pictures:

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/andyc/Caboose/Tiedown%20Pic%201%209-12-2011.jpg)

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/andyc/Caboose/Tiedown%20Pic%202%209-12-2011.jpg)

these show the corner posts, the bolt goes in the top hole:

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/andyc/Caboose/Tiedown%20Pic%203%209-12-2011.jpg)

Looking good.

Is it done yet?..:wink:

Ken Brunt said:
Is it done yet?...................;)
of course it is.... don't it look like a cabbo??? (puzzled look)

Awwww,the 4-H club was there with the girlscouts
:slight_smile:

Question - Why are you using OSB (or is that chip board) under the composite decking? Is it outdoor rated???

Jon Radder said:
Question - Why are you using OSB (or is that chip board) under the composite decking? Is it outdoor rated????
Jon, the subfloor is advantex, not OSB nor chip board, and the decking is just sitting on the subfloor, temporarily.... the decking is for the ends, the open porch areas... the subfloor is for the enclosed part of the caboose.... We set the decking up on the subfloor, to get it off the grass... the deck boards are 20 footers, that will be cut into 12 and 8 footers, for each end...

Thanks Andy. It looks a lot like OSB. I’ll have to look that name up :slight_smile: Pitchers ere cornfusin me.

Advantex is good stuff…but I hope you primed the underside …just for a piece of mind.

David Russell said:
Advantex is good stuff...but I hope you primed the underside ...just for a piece of mind.
I'm old.... I have no mind.... :)
Andy Clarke said:
David Russell said:
Advantex is good stuff...but I hope you primed the underside ...just for a piece of mind.
I'm old.... I have no mind.... :)
Wrong. You still have one, just can't remember where you left it.

lol, Jon :slight_smile: