Large Scale Central

In Defense of Indy Revisited

The Big Brown truck left me a box on Friday containg a beautiful little 2-6-0. Lovly little girl. However as some have stated , she is quite light. Not a problem as she has be specifically marketed as an INDUSTRIAL loco motive and as such I wouldn’t expect more than one or two cars worth of traffic from her (C’mon guys they didn;t run the Powtan Arrow behind an 0-8-0 for a reason!). Definately not a mainliner. Now with the different tipper skips that Bachmann has come out with, I think this is the nitch she was intended for!

After a quick peek inside, I have determined that this IS NOT the drive train that came in the old 2-4-2 (same tender though) I have one of these dead on rails in the shop, this isthe same drive used on the newer Porters and perhaps a silent run of the 2-4-2s that was put out without much fanfare!

While nice enuff on her own, I model in 7/8 scale, and for this, Indy has ENDLESS possibilities for bashability! This one will become something Glover built in the 2 footer vein for industrail application, but I will be getting a 2nd one in the near future to mash into a Vulcan built 2-6-2T Trench locomotive! For the Money its a great looking bash loco, and should be welcome as a switcher on anyones line!

Bart Salmons
WCNG