Large Scale Central

Clean Machine

I was given a Visa gift card, and with nothing else on the list, I put it toward a Piko Clean Machine from Trainworld. Now I just have to wait for it to get here so I can see how well it does on my track.

Daniel,

We love it on our little RR. The handrails are a bit fragile, and, of all things, the battery holder failed (PIKO replaced it free of charge and threw in an extra circuit board. They offered to pay for the shipping if I had it to send it back.). My review is here: PIKO Clean Machine – A Tropical Take. I would love to see what skilled 'bashers can do to this very clean little engin

Ours, Diesel Dan, is cutting circles now ready for the “heavies” to come out this evening while we work on a new bridge.

Aloha,

Eric

Let us know how it cleans, I’ve got this new battery powered one from a Christmas set that I put on Facebookcontroller but maybe I’ll just use it to pull around a cleaner carengine

Bill,

We have this little LGB Christmas set. The sound card / IR receiver was distressingly finicky and ultimately short lived (~2 years of weekly service). I’d recommend just removing it and putting in a DPDT switch (my own project after our bridge) and simply dispense with the remote. Beyond the idiosyncrasy of the remote, this little thing should do fine in service as a MOW vehicle.

Eric

P.S. Whether you use it or sell it, its ultimate owner will do well to get rechargeable batteries. The little LGB battery powered 2075 positively drinks them down.

I have one of those LGB battery jobs, worst engine ever. It can barely pull itself, derailed every two feet, then stopped working entirely. I would try testing it with a cleaner car, betcha a dollar it will just spin it’s wheels in place.

I ran it for a couple of hours when it came in the other day, and went through two sets of Duracell AAA batteries. Did a fair job on the filthy section of track. Now it’s been running on NiMH rechargeables for two hours and is starting to run down. When I change the batteries out for the set on the charger, I’ll change out the pads as well. I want to totally run the batteries out before putting them back on the charger. More on this later.

Daniel,

Glad it worked out for you. I really cannot say enough good things about this little loco. Oh, and Kid-zilla thought that was his in the video!

Aloha,

Eric