Large Scale Central

Strange Post Configuration

My latest post in my Topic “Looking for an R/C system” in ‘Power and Sound’ shows up on page 1 without the photos then repeats completely on page 2 with the photos. What happened? Did I push the wrong button?

Thanks

Bob’s new job takes him away from the site during the week. He may get to you this week end.

Since I access through the Home page, I haven’t noticed anything out of place.

I don’t see the issue, I think your screen resolution is such that it’s splitting the pictures from the text… or it could be your browser. I also thought there was a way to specify your “page size”

you are talking the post with the 3 pictures and the block of text right?

Greg

It is the last post in the topic. Still showing split for me.

David

I see where you are answering several quotations and that can disjoint a post, but it seems in order and complete.

Seems to be a bit of a fuss since you were just procrastinating until your part came…

David Palmeter said:

It is the last post in the topic. Still showing split for me.

David

Yea, shows up split on mine as well,your not seeing things(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Those are two separate posts, they are sequential in IDs. I’ll delete the one without the images.

Bob McCown said:

Those are two separate posts, they are sequential in IDs. I’ll delete the one without the images.

Looks fine now, thanks. I think the root of the problem is when I try to quote someone I don’t get the separate white box for the quote. How is that supposed to work?

Regards.

Edit - now it works, I think I was tinkering too much.

PS - Another question, can you not reply to your own post?

When I do a build thread, I reply to my own posts

David,

i think he wants to know, if the button “quote this” will work for that.

David Maynard said:

When I do a build thread, I reply to my own posts

It does.

Korm Kormsen said:

David,

Okay, let’s try again.

David Palmeter said:

Korm Kormsen said:

David,

Okay, let’s try again.

Only if I quote someone can I reply to my own post, otherwise when I move to the ‘Quick Reply’ box, I do not get a cursor to let me type. By the way, is there a "Regular Reply’ option? I don’t see one.

Thanks.

David Palmeter said:

David Palmeter said:

Korm Kormsen said:

David,

Okay, let’s try again.

Only if I quote someone can I reply to my own post, otherwise when I move to the ‘Quick Reply’ box, I do not get a cursor to let me type. By the way, is there a "Regular Reply’ option? I don’t see one.

Thanks.

And in that reply, my answer ended up in the box with the quote.

David Palmeter said:

David Palmeter said:

David Palmeter said:

Korm Kormsen said:

David,

Okay, let’s try again.

Thanks.

Still happenin’.

David Palmeter said:

David Palmeter said:

David Palmeter said:

David Palmeter said:

Korm Kormsen said:

David,

Okay, let’s try again.

Thanks.

Still happenin’.

Ok, if I go all the way to the bottom of the box and type, it is not in the box (I hope).

Keep going down until the cursor offsets to the left of the quoted text.

John Caughey said:

Or click on the " button in the tool bar. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Joe Zullo said:

John Caughey said:

Or click on the " button in the tool bar. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

You can see that little thing???

I rest my case …

I always shift to source code, then it’s really clear where my typing will go