Large Scale Central

Hunting

Its the week of thanksgiving in North Idaho and that means the peak of deer season. More than that it means quality time with my daughter. She has fished and hunted with me from the time she could walk. Whether one agrees or disagrees with hunting the opportunity to spend quality time with your daughter is inarguable. Hunting can be as polarized a topic as politics or religion but the more than 14 years (she is 18) I have had with her by my side are irreplaceable. We talk life, love, cars, deer, fish, God, and once in awhile we even try to find our quarry. Today was a good day, we bonded over the gift of venison. Now its her turn.

Not only that, but any guy she dates has to worry about your shotgun, and hers! :wink:

We just celebrated my daughter’s 10th birthday today. She and I (and her little brother) have spent many hours in the car heading up to the mountains to go exploring. Nothing beats that kind of quality time. (Not even model trains, as sacrilegious as it sounds.)

Later,

K

We did the fishing thing when the boys were growing up. The look on their faces when something bit was priceless. The older one still does it.

For my son and I it was canoeing the Minnesota river trails and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.

Dave Acevedo said:

For my son and I it was canoeing the Minnesota river trails and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.

Its anything that gets them away from their busy life (and for us, ours) so that we can spend undivided time with them. Canoeing is great, and I bet made so much better with your son.

I took all my kids into the woods backpacking and canoeing. Nothing beats the time spent with your children. Somewhere, I have a pic of my youngest on her first real backpack, with her own gear. Her pack was probably as big as she. The pic shows a pack walking down the trail with two banty chick legs sticking out of the bottom of the pack.

Steve Featherkile said:

I took all my kids into the woods backpacking and canoeing. Nothing beats the time spent with your children. Somewhere, I have a pic of my youngest on her first real backpack, with her own gear. Her pack was probably as big as she. The pic shows a pack walking down the trail with two banty chick legs sticking out of the bottom of the pack.

Those are the memories…