Large Scale Central

A Nice Winter Project - Paint by Number

I started this a week before Thanksgiving and just finished it. It was very enjoyable and kept my mind off the snow on my track outside. This acrylic paint by number provided a relaxing and pleasurable experience. I highly recommend it (in spite of the comments made by my friends in the chat room). It’s a great hobby to do during the cold winter months like we see in the Northeast. I already purchased another one and plan on doing it next winter. Size is 16 x 20.

That’s pretty. I mean that is really nice.

Winter is build season here, so my painting is done on models.

Haha, I just started a skirt for my Regner Otto. I hope thats very pretty;)

Neat Ron, Now you have to build a fancy frame. How many different colors of paint came with the kit?

So, Ron, come clean. That’s the pitcher on the box, right? :slight_smile:

Looks great Ron. We were only pulling you leg in chat.

Dennis

Randy, It came with 23 different paints. No blending required. And no Steve that is not the pic on the box. I even added a curtain and lamp in the bottom right window.:wink: And DT:P

Those paint by numbers have come along way since I was a kid. My wife does them during the winter and has even sold a couple at the pet shop she works at…:wink:

That looks fantastic Ron !!

I would think this also gives ya confidence in a steady hand possibly painting g-gauge figures or equipment, maybe some backgrounds …

Also reminds me of my Dad doing similiar …at least 40 yrs back Probably at a age younger than I (can’t speak for you all) am now !!

Thanks Doug, It helps to drink beer while being artistic. Ya Ken I don’t remember them being that nice when I was a kid. Seems to me the numbers always bleed through. Must be the acrylic paint they use today. You still have to use two coats though. But very relaxing.:slight_smile: