Large Scale Central

RY Models EBT Caboose #27,28

Some of you may be aware that Rich Yoder commissioned Geoff Ringlé to put together a bunch of EBT cabooses, to go along with the RYM EBT #14/15 locomotives and brass hoppers. Geoff won the 1st prize at the National Narrow Gauge Convention last year with his F scale EBT work train, and the quality of his work is outstanding. The cabooses include accurate Vulcan trucks with leaf springs, and a variety of other brass detail parts that RY had cast for the project. Geoff also had a laser cut styrene body produced, and the local machine shop pressed his brass tapered chassis cross pieces.

The result is a museum-quality model that is robust enough to run behind all those hoppers. There is an article on it in the latest Narrow Gauge Album from Westlake Publishing (FinescaleRR mag for you old timers!) You can buy it online and download all 115MB of it in PDF form for $15. There’s a teaser on the home page:
http://www.finescalerr.com/

Anyway, I visited Geoff on Tuesday to see how things were going and took a few pictures.

The last one shows the detail on the underframe - I was trying to get a picture of the little piece of metal that hangs down - the air dump handle. Amazing.

Bob -thanks for adding the link URL to the Album display! IE 10 on my new laptop stills refuses to display “properties”.

All the RY stuff is beautiful. Geoff has done an excellent job with the caboose. He was showing the brass frame at ECLSTS and it was amazing by itself.

So far my Power-ball Retirement Plan has not been paying any dividends. If it ever does I’ll either be buying the real EBT, or a complete coal train from RY - or maybe both!