Large Scale Central

New Caboose!

HA HA HA !!! Well Charlie Brown has a new place to stay worm in!! I went to visit Charlie @ USA’s today!!

The smoke unit is under the coupla! I’ll give it a try this weekend!

So how does it look with the GP7?

They just got a few , will have to weight for the other! Sean

Love the trestle!!

Caboose is nice, as too.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Nice. Is that a B&M logo on it? I can’t quite see it, and I’m not familiar with all of their lettering schemes.

Purdy nice there Sean.

Jon Radder said:
Nice. Is that a B&M logo on it? I can't quite see it, and I'm not familiar with all of their lettering schemes.
Aha - You added a close up for us old blind guys - Thanks!

Sean–
From the photo of the interior, does the smoker run off a 9 volt battery --or?
Please let us know if there is any significant performance difference between this unit and others. The USA promo indicates an advantage from a “blower” or fan to activate.
Thanks for the post and photos.
Wendell

Wendell Hanks said:
Sean-- From the photo of the interior, does the smoker run off a 9 volt battery --or? Please let us know if there is any significant performance difference between this unit and others. The USA promo indicates an advantage from a "blower" or fan to activate. Thanks for the post and photos. Wendell
Power for the lights and smoke is taken from the track just like the older units. I think the only diff. in units would be the "fan". The nine volt is for lights if you want to have them on when on a siding. I do not use that feature. We ran the unit this Sunday at a train show. The layout works O.K. but the cabooses lights worked better with the train running to fast for a show and that track layout. The light flikered and I couldn't produce any smoke @ a safe speed. When you have the unit on a test bench you can hear the smoke unit's fan going!! When we ran it on the layout I couldn't hear the fan. The thing does send smoke up and out the side of the smoke stack like It's suppose to! I will try to get some smoke this weekend from the smoke unit. I did not buy this unit for the smoke, I hardly run any thing with smoke. The caboose looked like B&M's crummy's "small". No one noticed it as " Ro's New Caboose"

In closing : Nice looking
Heavy
well trackin
Nice interour
lights work like they should with track power
the coupa comes off easy , to add smoke flued " use bigger funnell than given"
Smoke unit Hmmmm.
The roof comes off with just removing 4 screws!!
I did add some HOMIES to the interour. No one noticed. The fella that came with the unit " small"
The unit lookes great with the older GP7 and I’m Happy!

Sean