Large Scale Central

The Evil Twins

Rooster ’ said:

Ric Golding said:

So Rooster says, he always gives clues of how he does his modeling by showing what he uses in the background and on the workbench. So, of the stuff I can see, he might use paper shop towels, pink foam rubber and something very toxic, because of the fan. I see the coffee cup and are those garden tools and then a battery drill motor? Going to be interesting.

Nothing fancy Ric, only working with materials on hand and basic simplicity. “HINT”…large rivets are a dulled tip on an 8d finish nail and small rivets are a 4d finish nail with the heads cut off so they will fit true into the chuck. Once again this is a “KITBASH” and like the American Indians I will try and waste nothing!

This post has been edited by Rooster: still looking for my spare set of balls that I thought were last placed in the upstairs bathroom medicine cabinet but I’m getting to the age where it’s difficult to go upstairs.

Ric wanted the roof easily removable so I installed pulls on each end that are slightly offset that way the roof will be un-reversible no matter how hard you try to push them in Ric. Still gotta figure out how I want to chain the pulls on end so they do not get misplaced during removal as Ric is getting older and things tend to get easily misplaced at his age. On second thought, perhaps I should chain down the roof period (with extra chain) that way it does not, doesn’t, won’t …“get lost during a heavy operation/carnage session when dinner is called/served”

This post has been edited by : Rooster

Currently researching drawbars and Zygote’s which brings me to why or what differs between them being joined or “YOKED”.

Rooster ’ said: Once again this is a “KITBASH” and like the American Indians I will try and waste nothing!

Rooster ’ said:

Rooster ’ said: Once again this is a “KITBASH” and like the American Indians I will try and waste nothing!

Old American Indian saying: “There is nothing on a rooster worth using for anything”

But, nice work, as usual.

Very nice!

Like the roof latches and the other use of brass for attachments and hardware. I looked around the edges of the photos for a hint as to what you are using as glue to attach the skin to the old yellow or red bodies. Did you leave a hint? Or did you really rivet them together? The little round disk on the side? A magnet?

Looking good!

You have skills , great work .

Bruce Chandler said:

Old American Indian saying: “There is nothing on a rooster worth using for anything”

Ric Golding said: The little round disk on the side?

Okay, sorry I asked. Sheeeesh!

Ric Golding said:

Did you leave a hint?

Many, however my mind is a difficult place to visit without the proper papers .

This post has been edited by ROOSTER: Never follow a comma with however !

Motor arrived today and the CVRR crews did a test fit!

Decided to go with the twin turbocharged Cummins QST30-R for it’s low RPM torque and nice upper end horsepower.

Where did you get the motor?

Ray Dunakin said:

Cummins direct…Phil in the sales department was very easy to work with.

Rooster ’ said:

Motor arrived today and the CVRR crews did a test fit!

Decided to go with the twin turbocharged Cummins QST30-R for it’s low RPM torque and nice upper end horsepower.

Ohhhhhh, that’s nice!

Way to go Rooater!!

Rooster ’ said:

Rooster ’ said:

Ric Golding said:

So Rooster says, he always gives clues of how he does his modeling by showing what he uses in the background and on the workbench. So, of the stuff I can see, he might use paper shop towels, pink foam rubber and something very toxic, because of the fan. I see the coffee cup and are those garden tools and then a battery drill motor? Going to be interesting.

Nothing fancy Ric, only working with materials on hand and basic simplicity. “HINT”…large rivets are a dulled tip on an 8d finish nail and small rivets are a 4d finish nail with the heads cut off so they will fit true into the chuck. Once again this is a “KITBASH” and like the American Indians I will try and waste nothing!

This post has been edited by Rooster: still looking for my spare set of balls that I thought were last placed in the upstairs bathroom medicine cabinet but I’m getting to the age where it’s difficult to go upstairs.

Ric wanted the roof easily removable so I installed pulls on each end that are slightly offset that way the roof will be un-reversible no matter how hard you try to push them in Ric. Still gotta figure out how I want to chain the pulls on end so they do not get misplaced during removal as Ric is getting older and things tend to get easily misplaced at his age. On second thought, perhaps I should chain down the roof period (with extra chain) that way it does not, doesn’t, won’t …“get lost during a heavy operation/carnage session when dinner is called/served”

Progress continues to make junk from junk. AGAIN this is a KITBASH not a SCRATCHBUILD with NO 3D printed parts or mass produced castings.

There is store bought styrene strips and brass which come from THE LOCAL HOBBY SHOP but a lot comes from a sign shop dumpster.

Rooster ’ said:

Ray Dunakin said:

Cummins direct…Phil in the sales department was very easy to work with.

And how does a rice rocket mechanic get that kind of relationship with a diesel manufacturer?

Well just the fact that he got a cumapart Cummins shows he is not a diesel mechanic , should have got a Caterpillar!!! Yellow motors rule!! Says the guy that currently owns a truck with a a Cummins that is currently in the shop again!

Picture of motor arrived… it’s a fowl trick, methinks.