Large Scale Central

Tank Car Run

Yeah, they definitely have better frogs! They were not designed for toy flanges.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Yeah, they definitely have better frogs! They were not designed for toy flanges.

Greg

Could I have some fun with that. Like llagas, made to a standard, not a price but then “We don’t need no steenkin standards” GT wheels were semi finescale. Similiar are available from Gary Raymond and SVRR.

The Newqida/New Bright/Trains/whatever tanks do seem to fit in a number of scales. I’m 1:24 as the local narrow guage is 3’ 6", and the 4 wheel version (rather than the one with bogies, but they use the same tank and ladder arrangement) with the 32 mm Bachmann wheels sits well in that environment. That sort of small, about 5000 gallon, 4 wheel tanker was very common in this part of the world in the days of steam so they look good interspersed with larger bogie vehicles from other manufacturers - although I must admit I haven’t done the calculation to see if they would actually take a scale 5000 gals!

Steve, don’t. if you find out they are actually 4,867 gallon capacity (for example), it will ruin your day. :wink: