Large Scale Central

redoing the reverse loops

Shawn Viggiano said:

David Maynard said:

I dunno. the only time I have a problem with my Aristo switches is when a chunk of ballast, or a small twig, gets between the point rail and the stock rail.

I also tend to run smaller wheels and more fine scale wheels. They don’t take aristo switches well. The biggest issues was the spring loaded that would derail certain things .

That is why I “adjusted” the springs in mine. They just barely hold the points in place now, so even the lightest LGB 2 axle car can push the points over.

I started reading this thread, and realized that I recognized that layout from all the Facebook pictures I have seen of it. It is a really cool layout.

I have to agree with you that I prefer continuous running all around me, while working on the layout. I am sure you like it more.

And how about that Italian Cedar?? whoa Im impressed.

David Maynard said:

Shawn Viggiano said:

David Maynard said:

I dunno. the only time I have a problem with my Aristo switches is when a chunk of ballast, or a small twig, gets between the point rail and the stock rail.

I also tend to run smaller wheels and more fine scale wheels. They don’t take aristo switches well. The biggest issues was the spring loaded that would derail certain things .

That is why I “adjusted” the springs in mine. They just barely hold the points in place now, so even the lightest LGB 2 axle car can push the points over.

Trust me I’ve tried that too.

Shawn Viggiano said:

David Maynard said:

Shawn Viggiano said:

David Maynard said:

Trust me I’ve tried that too. too many factors that knock it out when I do get it adjsuted, from grit, kids, etc… was not worth the effort to readjust.

Paul Bottino said:

I started reading this thread, and realized that I recognized that layout from all the Facebook pictures I have seen of it. It is a really cool layout.

I have to agree with you that I prefer continuous running all around me, while working on the layout. I am sure you like it more.

And how about that Italian Cedar?? whoa Im impressed.

Haha thanks Paul. Im more active on FB with regular updates on my layout. Just easier for me to share and post on FB. I don’t mention FB much here, it’s a sensitive topic(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-yell.gif)