Large Scale Central

PVC substitute?

easy, concrete blade in circular saw, it’s a dense cement board. This is for a base, right? Notice the angled cuts? This came as 4x8 sheets.

Ideally, I would use it as both the base and the substructure that would be covered. Does it take screws well?

no, not great, since it is dense cement, it is very hard, no elasticity, which you need for nails and screws. Sorry, was just trying to solve the very large piece needed for a base problem. You could glue it together, but mechanical connections would take something else.

Greg

Greg,

Yes, I think your suggestion would be good for a building foundation. I guess I wasn’t clear enough in my post explaining what I would be using it for. I will keep this in mind.

I may have misinterpreted when the discussion turned to the size of the pieces needed… well, it’s a good setup for a foundation.

Good luck in the quest!

Greg

Greg,

I think I may just end sticking with 1/8" styrene. It’s cheaper than the other options and with bracing underneath it is quite strong. Probably once the entire structure is connected together it should be sufficient weight.

Craig Townsend said:

Ray,

That website link doesn’t work. :frowning:

It’s not working for me either. Dang, they must have gone out of business. That sucks. They were the best source for Sintra.

Here’s another source: https://www.gator-board.com/sintra-board.htm