Large Scale Central

Precision Board Structures

On my smaller structures I add a base 1.5-3" around the structure. That way I can place a good amount of details.

Untitled by Dennis Rayon, on Flickr

One side of the structure with a pile of redwood lumber glued and a open top barrel I 3D printed

Very nice Dennis. You always do such a great job of realistic little details and natural looking variation. Inspiring!

Bill Barnwell said:

…where do you buy the precision board?

I would like to know too.

David Maynard said:

Bill Barnwell said:

…where do you buy the precision board?

I would like to know too.

Me three …

Well I was going to send you to Ozark Miniatures, but my browsers say it’s insecure …

Coastal enterprise is where it is mfg, a few years ago I bought full 4x8 sheets from them, now you must go through their distributor. Mine in SW Missouri is Regal Plastics.

I buy 6 sheets of 24 x 60 delivers by UPS. This is not cheap stuff. I use the 15 lbs density.

Expect to pay with shipping 7-8 per square foot

http://precisionboard.com/products/high-density-urethane-pblt/

Completed Front View tall grass and weeds planted, paint brush bristles for grass, LED light over the door

Nice work, Dennis. You have an eye for the details that make the whole scene. Thanks for sharing.

John Caughey said:

Well I was going to send you to Ozark Miniatures, but my browsers say it’s insecure …

Website is secure working on update

Our website is secure we are working on an update to stop the warning

These are built with Precision Board gave link to Coastal Enterprise, Above

Ozark Miniatures has the product Precision Products , the embossed plastic sheets

Dennis

Thanks for your compliments

Left side, young man sitting on a closed top barrel I 3D printed

Dang, the back looks better than the front (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)and your weathering on the barrel looks much better than mine (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Backside of structure, I needed something to look like maybe a junk piece of equipment, So I lasered out a bandsaw years ago, rusted it up to make it look

like it has sat out for years.

Plants around the building, some call them flowers, I call them Blooming weeds.

Grass made out of paint brush bristles

This completes my structure, hope you enjoyed it as much as i did building it. I am doing more, one now has a hip roof, Stay tuned

Thanks for all your kind words and compliments, If I failed to answer a question, I am sorry, Please ask again.

Happy Modeling

Dennis

Nice work there Dennis !

Thanks Sean, appreciate the compliment

BUILDING No 2

I have started another Precision Board Structure, this one is going to look like brick. The brick is for sure much easier to build be cause it requires

no hand carving of each stone.

This picture is the 4 walls after they have been lasered out

BUILDING No 2

This next picture shows the structure that has been corners mitered and glued and pinned together. I use titebond 3 glue because it is

water proof. I use headless pins to hold corners together and help the glue to hold.

Title of the business

Not sure of the name of the business, if you have any suggestions, so far I am thinking of a gunshop / gunsmith.

So if you have any thoughts of a good business for this type of structure, please let me know.

Back Wall

bakery? butcher? tack shop? feed store? tailor? candlestick maker? ceiling wax? undertaker? vet? newspaper?

Near Miss gun and tack shop.

The high pitched roof yields Acme Dunce Cap Company or Merlin’s Wonderful Witches and Wizards Ware.

A real buisiness in Maine “Yankee Shooting Supplies” with a fictitious branch in Tennessee.

Wonderful work by the way!