Large Scale Central

My Goose #5

Bob

Check the surface mount fuse soldered on the revolution.

It is a 5 amp fuse.

If you lucky, that may be the problem.

Tom

Everything in place, ready to tidy up all the wires and close her up.

Bob, you might try putting a “cup” over the back of the speaker, even if you have to cut a slice off… you will hear a lot of difference in the sound… even a sliced up Dixie Cup will make a noticeable difference.

Yeah, that nasty on board fuse… always makes sense to fuse the output with a 4 amp fuse you can change easily.

Greg

Bob if you want to fix those, I know you know Dave Bodnar call him he will walk you through it if anybody can.

Richard

I’m sure Navin at Precision RC can to it too! (And I’ll bet he has the fuse in stock)

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Bob, you might try putting a “cup” over the back of the speaker, even if you have to cut a slice off… you will hear a lot of difference in the sound… even a sliced up Dixie Cup will make a noticeable difference.

Yeah, that nasty on board fuse… always makes sense to fuse the output with a 4 amp fuse you can change easily.

Greg

Yea, I used a spray paint can lid, judiciously trimmed to fit around everything, and siliconed in place.

I like to use these, once I’ve eaten the apple sauce. They are almost a perfect fit for that speaker. I’ve even glued pairs together, back to back, to enclose two speakers to get the right impedience.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is a bulkhead that will preclude you from using such a cup. But once everything is buttoned up, the body will serve as a cabinet separating the two sides of the speaker and you’ll probably be fine.

Goose #5 made its maiden debut on the RR today.

Waiting for the green signal to get out on the main line

Heading downhill toward Williamsport

Picking up mail and passengers at Williamsport Station

Past the branch line to Pearce

Into the cut

… and out of the cut, continuing downhill toward Majestic

Through Majestic, and uphill and under the new stonework bridge

Over the bridge

Heading into Dead Rooster Gulch

and heading into Burke yard

Railroad looking good Bob. Pleasing to see a Goose at work.

Ya certainly had a nice day for it. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)Looks good!..(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

The Goose is pretty neat. But the garden is neater’ my yard is all overgrown and trashed from the 3 times it rained this year.

July, August and September.

Beautiful Bob.

Just curious, how much difference did the “enclosure” for the speaker make?

Greg

Looks good, now you just need some people in that thing, like, oh, say maybe a driver.

Greg Elmassian said:

Beautiful Bob.

Just curious, how much difference did the “enclosure” for the speaker make?

Greg

It really didnt make that much difference, as far as I can tell. The goose sound is pretty tinny and rattly anyway, there’s not a whole lot of bass to the sounds, unlike the big difference the styrene box made around the speaker of my C19. I may revisit it this winter, remove the spray paint cap, and build a proper box out of styrene.

Nice pics and run, Bob… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)