Large Scale Central

Montana Rail Link MOW Equipment/Other Photos

Thanks John,

I will definitely check into it!

Ken

The Dropbox “bot” has broken the links to your pictures again Ken. It’s hopeless with them. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

The postings of the pictures on the 21st are still there, but you are fighting a losing battle.

Basically you get what you pay for. Get free storage, expect strings attached. Try to do everything with a cell phone because no home internet and you don’t want to pay for tethering, expect poor support to do everything like a computer.

I’m not giving you a hard time, it’s your finances, I understand. But expecting caviar on a hamburger budges is just not happening in this day and age. There’s no “free” service, they are all constantly working on ways to convince you to upgrade to a paid service, by constantly “trimming away” features on the “free” stuff.

For now, I’d just post links and get on with trains as opposed to “railing against” (pun intended) DropBox messing with you, because they WILL continue to mess with you. This is pretty parallel to the PhotoBucket “evolution” that we just went through.

Greg

Joe,

Thanks for trying!

Greg,

You are absolutely right and I think the links will be good enough for now, at least until they change something again.

Thanks, Ken

Greg,

Delete your browser cache and tell me if they still show up. I do not see ANY of the Dropbox posted pictures in this thread.

yes, forced refresh still show the pictures from the 21st.

but just to be sure, and because you did not see them, did a forced refresh AGAIN and they are gone… man, it’s getting difficult to clear the cache!

Greg

I looked at the drop box links…they worked (i use drop box…does that matter?)

Those are cool photos, you live in an interesting place. Is Boing still shipping planes like that or was that a while ago? I thought I heard? Is this line special for oversize loads?

Eric,

The links work. What we were discussing was our ability to post the photo on LSC (third party linking). Apparently Dropbox has bots that destroy those links. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Eric,

Yes, there are special clearances on this line to allow oversize loads and I guess that’s why we get the many different loads through here. The fuselage photo was taken in summer but we get the fuselages through here sometimes every 3-5 days. Sometimes 2, sometimes 3 or 4 and once even 5 fuselages per train. Tonight we had a set of three pulled by 2 BNSF Dash 9’s, with nothing else on the train. They actually run special fuselage only trains quite often. MRL seems to only run 1 or 2 freight trains at most per day, plus a local in both directions. Everything else is BNSF.

Greg, Joe,

I am glad the links to the photos are at least working. If I ever figure out photo posting from a smartphone, I’ll sure be posting more photos of local equipment.

Thanks guys!

Ken