Large Scale Central

Miks Challenge PRIZE being built

Thanks guys for the compliments, It will be awhile before I will have kits for sell, I will have a few other kits I will build before I can offer them

I will have to work the bugs out, and have to make detailed building instructions.

Thanks Dennis

I ook forward to it when the day comes

Wooden crates all have the box joints or finger joints

helps to hold together outside

Dennis

Well done Dennis! That is a great looking store!

I got a big crate delivered at the door yesterday. I could just wonder what it was. It required some tools to get into. Pliers to remove a bunch of staples and a screw gun to remove some serious screws!

Inside was a carefully packed building with its chimney sticking out. Careful unpacking revealed a rusty roof and white sign. I reached in and removed the nicest little store/ freight transfer building complete with crates and a small person moving a cart loaded with a big box. there was even a big gear crated for shipment.

Joe stops by Mik’s to check on some crates of machine parts he is expecting for the W&Q engine shops. Allen Bupp’s son was wheeling a rather large crate that looked promising!

It is raining cats and dogs today and probaly off and on for the rest of the week, then I am off to Annapolis to teach a boat boat building class…I’ll post photos when the building is properly planted alongside the W&Q!

Congrats!

Dennis Rayon said:

Thanks guys for the compliments, It will be awhile before I will have kits for sell, I will have a few other kits I will build before I can offer them

I will have to work the bugs out, and have to make detailed building instructions.

Thanks Dennis

I’d be happy with the crates, signage and detail stuff…

John

Well deserved.

Just fantastic all around guys!

Don’t really know what else to say?

Thanks for the compliments, I enjoyed this kit alot. We set up our clubs module at 2 train shows, had alot of compliments.

working on another one now, will soon post it here.

Dennis

Nice

I found a spot on the Winnegance siding for Mik’s Freight shed. it is under a tree which makes it look like it was there forever!

Dennis, thank you again for such a wonderful creation!

Great setting for the prize (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Eric

It looks great there, hope it meets your expectations, once that roof gets to the level of rust you want,

coat it with some type of clear coat.

Thanks for posting its placement.

Dennis

Well that is a great building, in a great location, rewarded for a great build.