Large Scale Central

LSC Traveling Outhouse Award

We had a single holer at our cottage in Terebonne Quebec, until the late 40’s, when we sold the cottage. My father, after moving to Ottawa, always wanted to build an outhouse, sans the pit and seat, just make people think we had one in the back yard…even with a half moon cut in the door. He was planning on using it for a small tool shed…but he just never did get “Round toit”…before he passed away. I still would like to, just for the fun of it, but I just haven’t the room for it.

One of our car storage sheds does have the basic appearance of one, but sits a bit high, now that I think of it…!

Fred Mills

Fr. Fred, when your castle in built, somewhere on the railroad, you will need to make sure this feature is included:

http://www.ancientfortresses.org/garderobe.htm

I wonder if they are included in the fabric of Starwood Abbey? All the old monastic structures I know of have them - even if they are no longer in use.

“……still a few outhouses within the city, and they usually got turned over on Halloween…

Up here the ones primarily found inside the city are the plastic composite outhouses quite often used at special events and on construction sites.

While making deliveries to new res’construction sites one day stepped into one, let the door close and was turning round to latch it closed, when tooo late realized it had been one that either a very strong westerly wind had blown it over or some pranksters had flipped it overnight. Luckily it was way below freezing, so it was like brown textured wallpaper on at least 3 walls including the door, but i still had to carefully push the door back open, to pop back out w/o touching the walls/door with my outwear … yeeeech !

I was tempted to punt it back over on its side and mark it – ‘call for service before restanding’ And then looking for another one to (safely) use :slight_smile:

Hey folks

I just got a message from “Ruth Taisch”, saying she has the Traveling Outhouse Award, but she is not an LSC member. Does anyone know who this is, and can assist in recovery of the outhouse?

Did she say where she lives?

Bob McCown said:

Hey folks

I just got a message from “Ruth Taisch”, saying she has the Traveling Outhouse Award, but she is not an LSC member. Does anyone know who this is, and can assist in recovery of the outhouse?

I’m wondering how she obtained it? :open_mouth:

Who had it last … if they want to own up to it ?

Sean said:

Who had it last … if they want to own up to it ?

Well, I had it October 2017…can’t remember where it went after that. :hot_face:

Ric Golding said:

Jan got an email from Stan and/or Deb Ames. He felt we 'accidentally" left the “Traveling Outhouse Award” at his place. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

We delivered it to Bob’s, after trying to leave it at Al’s. Not sure who brought it to Stan’s. Bob McC, who owns this site and the award is named “The LargescaleCentral Traveling Out House Award” was there. Bob Hyman, who created 'the Award" was there. By the way, great modeling effort and a perfect award for this bunch of “Old Farts”. Larry Otis was there. Even with his wife.

This was from Train -Opps 2018 … It looks like it was @ Stan and Debbie’s last…

I’m told that it’s now in Florida. I last saw it late summer at a NHGRS meeting. It sound to me like the connection to LSC wasn’t understood, and it’s been passed once or twice to other G scalers since Stan and Deb had it.

just like the missing Rooster…

afterthought: …and what became of the signed boxcar?

Korm Kormsen said:

just like the missing Rooster…

Korm - The Roving Rooster is not missing, many photos have been posted with him lurking in the background of a member’s railroad. Y’all just aren’t very observant!

I’m just gonna bump for post count here since that is what is important. Even though I know where the outhouse was last I’m not saying as I might not embed it correctly or it might not be properly viewed after reading it twice. I do know that “someone” forgot it and had to travel back for it though! How it got to it’s current location makes it history and I thought that’s what it was all about ?

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Book of Rooster: Chapter 69 verse 13 happened but without pictures only speculation

Seriously - “The Book of Rooster”?

I believe there is a copy of the book in The Outhouse!

Lou Luczu said:

I believe there is a copy of the book in The Outhouse!

and it’s got over twelve thousand pages. that should serve for a while…

That’s funny!(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Still awaiting it for my RR before it heads west again!

Ric Golding said:

Seriously - “The Book of Rooster”?

Yes…you should seriously consider reading it sometime.