Large Scale Central

Lionel Diesels

I just picked up a couple of the trucks with two motors off ebay. Now I need a body!

I have one now, finally got it with a power pack with enough juice to run, but the horn just sounds every 3-5 seconds. Is it a bad sound magnet?

It moves fine on linear mode with an Aristo TE. The sound is on regardless of the switch position on the bottom (probably an issue from the previous owner).

Note to the experts…Greg,all…¿

I believe the man is trying to educate the next generation with his askings. So please go lightly on his request! He stated in chat ( yes Fred he was in chat) that he has about 20 kids in the train club at school. Please help and do not overwhelm the man.

Thank you …ROOZ

Bill Sakalaucks said:

I have one now, finally got it with a power pack with enough juice to run, but the horn just sounds every 3-5 seconds. Is it a bad sound magnet?

It moves fine on linear mode with an Aristo TE. The sound is on regardless of the switch position on the bottom (probably an issue from the previous owner).

I’m rather disappointed there is no advice or vigentes /write ups on this issue from the experts toward this query. Perhaps we should wait as it will come? In the mean time I found this expert advise from the experts…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOS5gWzkXMA

lol. Good one, Rooster!

Roos, my site and my friend Ted are mostly 1:29, Ted is was almost exclusively Aristo… The Lionel sound systems are a research topic in of themselves.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Roos, my site and my friend Ted are mostly 1:29, Ted is was almost exclusively Aristo… The Lionel sound systems are a research topic in of themselves.

Greg

Greg,

You usually have an answer for everything else especially sound related so once again I’m disappointed. Perhaps you could guide the man in the right direction? I know nothing about Lionel other than Neil Young left Steven Stills ,David Crosby and Gram Nash years ago. So perhaps this is a question for Neil ?

I have a possible culprit identified as dirty pick ups.

Going through and replacing pickup springs, and it doesn’t seem to be helping much. They give out as fast as I put em in.

Try using springs from ball point pens.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Well, I’ll admit, I had given up on getting the two SoB’s to work, then a hobby shop that has done a lot to help my school’s club had a pair of power trucks for the darn things up on their eBay shelf. $64 and change later, I can say I at least have them running (though I’ve given up on the RailSounds card that’s powered from the rear truck). Now my fleet has 3 Geeps and I have an inkling to repaint one or just decal another to Milwaukee Road.