Large Scale Central

LA&C RR #10

Terry Burr said:

I tore it back apart this morning. The roof on wrong was really bothering me. While it was off I took a pic of how I braced the inside to get the bow out.

(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/paintjockey/photobucket-45854-1361200190911_zpsbb58e562.jpg)

It’s brass angle with 1/16 shims to keep the door from being pushed out. Pretty simple but the doors become unusable this way. Not a big deal for me but my kids probly won’t be happy. My son likes to load the trains up with action figures.

Also for anyone using trackside details marker lights here’s the lens that I use. The mouser p/n denotes the color of the lens at the end R for red, G for green etc. Their site info is in the top right corner.

(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/paintjockey/photobucket-20895-1361201177105_zps7b926fe5.jpg)

I like the idea of lanterns inside so I’m gonna order some and wait to put it back together.

Terry

Thanks Terry for the photo of the end bracing. My walls are really bowed! I used the same lenses from Mouser. They throw the light quite a distance.

You will like those Hartford chimney lanterns on the inside. Very small incandescent bulbs at 1.2v. I had Jonathan draw a circuit for me to power BOTH the marker lamps and the 1.2 volt chimney’s off the same 7.2 volt NiMH battery. He made a small bridge rectifier for me.

Now there’s a thought. I was considering tearing it apart and putting a different lamp in there.
Terry

Looks good. I like that shade of red.

Your caboose really looks great. I’ve got one of these too that might someday get upgrades and lettering for my road. Ken won’t be happy if I do.

Jon Radder said:

Your caboose really looks great. I’ve got one of these too that might someday get upgrades and lettering for my road. Ken won’t be happy if I do.

Jon, whatever you decide to do to it, I’ll be happy…I’ll miss it, but I promise I’ll be happy…:wink:

(But I have a feeling that I won’t be “missing” it any time soon…)

Terry that looks great. I want to pick up one of these someday. I always liked the look of these.

Terry Burr said:

Rick, it was an Accucraft shorty.

LOL!!! I just realized I put the roof on backwards!! The smokestack is supposed to be by the blank window… dammit.

Ya’ done told on yourself…I would have never noticed it

Truth!