Large Scale Central

Farwell, Lafayette, Irving, & Prospect Rwy

Lou Luczu said:

OK, where did you get those round block? I have not seen them before. They work well for a curve roadbed.

i got them at Menards

Crescent pavers

Another good day for a short run.

https://youtu.be/nA0IESuNgZM

Sound on Saturday! New to me GP9 with Phoenix Sound.

https://youtu.be/ZMw2ACvPXx0

I brought home an unused blue box Aristo FB1 to match my Rock Island a-unit last weekend and got it on the rails this morning before joining the club running at Shady Lane in Menominee Falls. Also brought home some more rolling stock and telephone poles to detail the layout some more. This winter’s projects will be to detail the UP woodside boxcar as a trackside building with lights and build out a small four-door Pola 903 building for a local junction station with platform.

I‘m hosting the club meeting next September and my fiancé is helping with the garden/greenery side of that next spring.

This is the video from yesterday. Things are coming together nicely.

https://youtu.be/NStwAkv5zMI

Had planned on running my A-B Rock Island consist with a decent length freight train behind, alas, my TE transmitter died. So, you get photos of what likely will be how my layout finishes the season.

Added the switch house, bumper, telephone poles, box car storage building, roadbed and bridge this summer. Hoping to do more gardening and detail/populating next year.

edit Got back to my computer this morning and re-attached. Should be right-side up.

Interesting wrong side up pictures.

I mentioned in chat, LSC doesn’t like mobile pictures.

Bill,

I like your layout and Rock Island trains running on it. How did you happen to take an interest in Rock Island?

Thank you,

-Ted

Well, the FA was my first diesel loco I got. The Rock isn’t really a favorite line, I was a big UP fan as a kid, and still am. I do like the red/black scheme and since it is a midwestern line, I feel like I can run any railroad livery behind as a connection in Chicago

Ted Doskaris said:

Bill,

I like your layout and Rock Island trains running on it. How did you happen to take an interest in Rock Island?

Thank you,

-Ted

Had friends over for the last set-up of the season. No trains running as my TE transmitter died last week and the replacement I ordered is in the mail.

Track is being picked up to display at Trainfest in Milwaukee. The Dash-9 is static on my layout and gets run time at larger layouts.

A montage of year one:

I got outside today and ran some equipment that was fixed over the winter, including a replacement of the axles on a motor block of the FA1.

We had a scale foot of snow fall overnight, but that didn’t stop us from running trains today.

Stores are running low in town, fortunately, the FLIP had some carloads on the way from the interchange yard.

The locals finally got around to taming the mud and muck in the area and put down some gravel roads, discovered a river-bed, and prepared the land for agriculture.

Oh, look! There is another choice on the ballot this spring!

Didn’t get to run yesterday as we were fretting election stuff. Today, took advantage of some morning sun and having to be down in the laundry area anyway.