Large Scale Central

F3 Ladder

Or just print them in black. They are out of black Makerflex, but I’ve signed up for an email alert when it’s back in stock. For now, I’ll just print a dozen in PLA to have spares.

Greg Elmassian said:

Now to be sure to use flexible paint for them, like vinyl paint.

I only have the grey and I’ve never tried painting it. The material has a slick feel to it like delrin. When you handle it, you expect it to leave “grease” on your fingers. Maybe I’ll try to hit it with some Krylon fusion as a test. It’s quite durable though, I’ve had these lug covers on my truck for nearly a year and they are still in tact with only some wear to the first layer.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GD70BpUrP3xBDlDiMcmqgUjt4lXDHHXuxx-dEiDK3emo4gOe_IfQHcsgs3DTnCEYXCOQoRZtzI5dvhABXU7em9sA0WFfv-EuF_kGrujma8WKbdd-ox_qnPNR3XklzAEKZNdjtEBpy__QwZ1wb8xtbxHoFGfjwm9cQYmpJZfXi64rp7OojVn__IVIbb3c01MEP3Qyd4JaWDX_tuHW9zb-6DRJsB7miELy7vi5PktEbTort-u1SinwyQv1VOa07LAOmtju9chF_YsJedFOQcKM2T79KFn_QVhLa1CSvBbZy3-LwVHO23e-OpQfUSKCFdYpN5aCoG0i827QvhpBfY-F6iw68Yqqi4J7MD_loZVsneYZ_KGtAqrp44qk4KRoJrV-8PccwlSsBa2JXoIUJDMXkhYSghl7QVwV9rp-IiFbrvn4YWv3cWrQi7rRqPy_1rcOBgGFchGl1i6ku7MM2KP5qDnnwteahhc4tMLXj1J2lBFgtVOFt6sy-m8d5zheO7HiX7UDXw4QvmseVgyx5eF425VpyGRB1BgKnJ6cu7gbYYoGnXbe8Ld4kAJtEtQs8F68quqkqqrXcOr6wKw9P-u6JIf40sT0yEJ5m1NSaVVgKIXgneMcQkFyi7PF_Zj5rwFjMaTe4YUic748BiLukAklzz6CAek3M6z5=w500-h502-no

Eric Reuter said:

Or just print them in black. They are out of black Makerflex, but I’ve signed up for an email alert when it’s back in stock. For now, I’ll just print a dozen in PLA to have spares.

Eric,

Just so you know, I am happy with the Makerflex but the PLA filaments I have purchased from makergeeks have been lacking. They need higher temps to extrude and in my experience are prone to jamming and layer adhesion issues. I have used many different brands of PLA over the years and I’ve found makergeeks to be the least reliable. I have a little left and only use for prototyping small parts. Printrbot simple metal w/ E3d v6 hotend.

I’ve updated the file on Thingiverse. There were a couple of dimensions that were slightly off. I also had to make the barbs more extreme to get it to stay in place. But the PLA is plenty flexible to get them in and out of the slots.

The current version fits perfectly, and stays in place. Here are a couple of comparison photos. The difference in texture isn’t as obvious when you see them in person.

Cool, of course my santa fe warbonnets are silver… I could try the spray paint you find at the auto parts place for painting flexible plastic, supposed to stick to anything.

Greg