Large Scale Central

Even More LED Questions

R.J.- The pic is actually mine. I had trouble posting it and Ken helped make it happen (BTW- thanks, Ken). I’m not exactly certain where I got the lead weights from. They do come in handy when I’m glueing things, and a clamp isn’t an option. In the pic, I just needed something to keep the wires from flopping around during my LED extravaganza.

-Kevin.

I designed a printed circuit board to simplfy construction of LED power supplies for pasenger cars.

There are pix of them in the Freight Shed.

So lemme get this straight…if I buy this little devil here my electrical calculations and worries are over:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20W-Waterproof-AC-Power-Driver-Supply-110V-250V-600mA-for-High-Power-LED-Light-/261261452956?pt=US_Lighting_Parts_and_Accessories&hash=item3cd465669c

I should be able to run literally a hundred or so warm Christmas led lights off of it. I plug it into my 110 ac current wall socket on one side and run leds out the other to my structures.

Am I missing anything?

John Passaro said:

Am I missing anything?

Resistors!

-Kevin.

ha!

yep, or you could try 10 leds in series… note that the voltage is 30-36 volts exactly 10 times the nominal 3.6 volts of a white led?

so 10 in series would probably be fine across the unit, then if you wanted 60 milliamps per led, 10 “sets” of 10 in series would work…

funny, exactly 100 leds (10 x 10)… most likely the design goal of the power supply.

Greg