Large Scale Central

East Broad Top Pgh. Build Challenge 2016

That’s excellent Randy. I love how the roof turned out. I can just imagine sitting inside it on a rainy day like today listening to the the rain on the tin roof and the sound of 14’s whistle echoing through the mountains. I think it might need a coal stove though (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Thanks John, Yeah It would have been loud in there during the rain. I looked at all of the photos I had of the freight house for any sign of electric entering the building and even though I believe most of them were late in it’s life I saw none. I don’t think it ever had electric service and there were no chimneys either, so the poor attendant must have froze. I actually doubt there was anyone inside 95% of the time. The reports I’ve read said that it was used very infrequently in the last decades of operation and she sadly didn’t last much after the railroad ceased operation in 1956.

Randy, that really turned out nice. The roof is just awesome! I can’t believe how nicely everything lines up.

Randy, I love the way you did the roof. Looks very nice. I also like how you detailed the rafters and the purlins on the inside of the roof. Great Job!!!.. How did you do the sliding doors?. I want to make a depot sometime and have a couple of doors that slide…