Large Scale Central

East Broad Top Coach #12

John Caughey said:

Don’t forget your Mik’s Challenge Priority! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Then you can start your dallies with these diversions…

Yer bud,

John

Well yes of course there is that. It is a the top priority.

I am just a tad cornfused. Someone with the talents to build a locomotive can surely build a passenger car.

I built a few passengers cars myself, so I know its easier then building a locomotive.

Well first let me say thanks for the compliment. It’s not that I don’t think I can build one; I am pretty sure I could. That is what led me to the Carter Bros. coach in the first place. But while I love scratch building, I am also not opposed to buying kits or even bashing a completed car. In this case the Accucraft J&S coach is a good launching platform from which to build from. It will still require me to apply my skills, but its a good head start.

I have more than enough projects that will be built from the ground up that I hope I can afford to indulge in a few head starts.

And BTW David those are some nice coaches

Thanks Devon. I kit-bash and scratch-build to have what I want. But I am also cheep. I seldom spend more the $30 for kit-bash fodder, and I usually spend less. Locomotive bashes I will spend more obviously. It just sounded like a lot of money to me, to purchase the cars you are looking at so you can bash them, but I do see your point.

Pete,

Great work! I think you really caught the representation of an EBT coach.

Yes, great work Dave. But I agree with Devon - there is so much already done if you use an Accucraft coach - opening doors, windows, framing, seats, etc. It could simplify the job by a factor of 5. I don’t think my #12 took more than a few weeks.

Devon - the instructions for the G.A.L. kits are at the bottom of my EBT page, and the ‘general instruntions’ includes how to dismantle an Accucraft coach: http://www.ebt-in-fn3.info/home/combine16