Large Scale Central

Bluetooth and Battery powered DCC

That’s good information on the 5 amp board, would love to know what they addressed. As far as I can tell, the firmware version has not changed, V4 I believe.

Yes, the BLU phones are often discounted. I have a Windows phone that was new for $38, but I bought it to experiment, Windows Mobile is having teething pains.

Update: apparently v4.1 is out, I’ll check the version on what I have. Apparently v4.1 can be identified by the calibration procedure also running in the reverse direction.

Greg

Sounds like the V4.1 diesel board is now incorporating similar calibration to what the V4.1 steam board has. If that is the case, then my diesel board is likely V4.0, as it does not have the same extended calibration features as my steam board. I like the extended calibration–it’s easy to tune it specifically to your railroad environment. Takes longer, but it’s slick! There’s still the auto calibration, mind you, but the extended calibration gives you more control if you need it. I got my 5-amp board within a short time of them becoming available, so it doesn’t surprise me that it would not have the latest software. I had my steam board upgraded by TCS a few months ago. It was originally a V.3, like my other two boards. (I haven’t upgraded them–the locos are running great as is, so I’m good.)

Greg, the one thing I’d really like to hear for myself is what you mean by the audio “dropping out.” That’s not on your web site, as you’re reluctant to make that public. To answer your question as to whether I’d make it public, let me ask you… you already don’t trust me. What possible incentive would I have to reinforce your notions by doing something you explicitly asked me not to do? I’m a journalist. The concept of “off the record” and “non-disclosure” is something we learned fairly early in school. :wink:

Again–my inbox remains available. A wav or mp3 would be fine, though the visual element showing what the locomotive is doing when the audio is dropping out would help significantly in understanding the issue.

Later,

K

Stop, just stop

DING! Bell, go to your corners.